18| protective dads

(18)

|Edited|

A D R I A N A

••••••

I smiled to myself, already crazy but my friends had no idea. The so-called husband that I had married for two years just divorced me because my wolf cleaned his mark.

Sorry to say, but good riddance. 

The problem was, that I was on bad talking terms with my dad because he gave me away and he was indirectly the cause of all my problems. 

Avery packed my stuff with the most down face ever and I shook my head sadly. I was going to miss her and Justin so much. They couldn't leave because well, Justin was Beta and Chris' best friend. He had to help Chris somehow, that's what he said.

"What about this?" Justin said holding up my black bra.

"Justin! That's it. Get out. I'll help her pack." Avery shrieked already fed up. 

"Alright. Just trying to make her talk, jeez." He said with his hands up in mock surrender. 

I looked at him with the straightest face I could muster with my mouth clamped shut.

"—which is not working. I'll be downstairs." He said and went out. 

I sighed and continued packing with Avery keeping quiet. She knew I wouldn't want to talk and I was grateful for that. 

"That's all." I heard Avery say in a strained voice. I turned to see her sitting on the bed in her pink pajamas.

"I just got here and you're already leaving. Honestly, if he wasn't my mate-"

I shook my head and forced a smile, sitting beside her. "You don't have to worry about that Avery. I understand that."

Before I knew it, she wrapped her arms around me, squeezing me. "I'll come to visit." 

I nodded my head although doubting my father will allow that. Standing up, I cleaned the imaginary dust off my jeans. "Come on, let's get these bad boys downstairs," I said chirpily gesturing to my boxes. 

She smiled and stood up already getting my mood. "I like this Adriana. Don't give a shit." 

I winked swaying my hips as I walked out the door. My mood right now was beyond me. Why wasn't I crying? I felt like a bipolar ass. 

I walked back to the room to see my girlfriend struggling with my box. "What did we pack in this thing?" She said breathing hard and stopping struggling. 

"Well, shoes, bags, novels-" I said and someone cut me off. 

"I got it," Justin said and walked past me, carrying the box with ease then he placed a quick kiss on Ave's lips and walked out of the room. 

I put my hand in my back pocket and proceeded to look around the room. Apart from the bed which I still recognized because of the sheets, the room looked all different to me. 

This was way too overwhelming for me also. "Let's go downstairs Ave," I said walking out of the room quickly. 

Getting downstairs, my eyes fell on the man I had known all my whole life. I missed him.