41| the eclipse I

(41)

|Edited|

A D R I A N A

..........

We walked through the woods to find the clearing. I sniffed my surroundings and sighed at the dead bodies' stench. Mostly rogues.

Thump.

Crunch.

The wind blew through my fur with my paws making a crunching noise as they made contact with the dead leaves. 

Dead.

Seemed like we were almost close. I could hear everything from a mile away. The heartbeats of my warriors calmly thumped as they walked slowly but closely behind me. 

My friends walked in front of them watching my every step like Avalon could pop out of nowhere with a sick surprise. Wisps of smoke puffed out of my nostrils and my eyes hazed over with the fire. Soon, my fur started to tingle. 

My mate's bond grew stronger by the minute. I suddenly stopped and the whole pack stopped behind me. Sucking my surroundings through my nostrils, I tried to make a scent out of the forest. My eyes widened as I picked up a cinnamon scent that could make my mouth water.

Zayn.

Was he here? 

My wolf's eyes lit up quickly with more fire burning in its core. I began walking faster before breaking into a run. The whole pack got the message and ran behind me. I dodged different trees as I tried to follow his amazing scent.

I'm coming baby.

Soon, we arrived at a clearing and my wolf stopped abruptly staring around. 

No Zayn but his scent was stronger than ever here. I howled loudly hoping for an answer but all we got was a light wind that blew through our furs.

I walked forward and finally noticed a clearing two meters away. The moonlight showed brightly there making the leaves stand out as their yellow color became more beautiful and evident. It was a large clearing like a fighting ground. 

I took in a deep breath already realizing that this was the clearing the idiot was talking about. I frowned slightly and growled making my razor-sharp teeth come into view. My friends walked to stand beside me as we took in the view. 

I went to the middle of a large clearing with my friends while the warriors quietly stayed in the shadows. It was a shame that we couldn't mind link since Zayn had not wolf-marked me yet.