Chapter 61: A Nightmare on Elm Street

It was the day after what had been dubbed 'The Battle of the Corridor of Elders', and the ninja had just been dropped with a bombshell.

Kai: "Leaving!?"

Cole: "But for how long?"

Lloyd: "I'm not sure... I just... need to get away for a little bit..."

(Y/N): "Well... I'm we'll all miss you around here, but if this is what you need, we understand"

Jay: "Yeah, we'll just think of it as... a little health break"

Lloyd: "Alright, but if anything big happens, come get me"

Zane: "We'll ask Sensei on your whereabouts, I'm sure he'll know"

They all hug and Lloyd leaves to tell Nya, Wu, and Misako that he'll be gone for a while.

(Y/N): "Well, I gotta go"

(Y/N) goes to walk out the door, when Cole and Kai grabs his arm.

Cole: "Now hold on a minute"

Kai: "Yeah, where are you off too?"

(Y/N): "Oh, I have an errand to run, and then I have to pick up Spyke from my father's. I'll be back before sundown"

Jay: "The last time you said that, you disappeared without a trace!"

(Y/N): "Yeah, we've been over where I was..."

Zane: "I believe that they are still upset that you left without telling them first"

(Y/N): "But I've told them tha-"

Jay: (cutting him off) "Yeah, yeah. That it was a spur of the moment decision, but we still feel you could of called us at some point"

(Y/N): "Well, I made a promise to help someone, so I'm leaving either way. So, we can either fight for no reason, or be rational about this"

Cole: "Well, I don't see us coming to an agreement, so-"

Zane: "What about a punishment?" (The ninja look at him)

(Y/N): "Excuse me?"

Zane: "A simple agreement that if you're not back tonight before sunset, you agree to a punishment"

(Y/N): "What am I, five?"

Kai: "Actually, I kinda like that"

Cole: "It seems fair"

Jay: "Yeah, and totally understandable to either side" (The ninja now look at (Y/N), waiting for an answer)

(Y/N): (rolling his eyes) "Fair and understandable, huh?" (The other ninja nod) "What will the punishment be?"

Jay: "Uh..."

Cole: "Um... You have to let us eat all of the sna- no... That's not fair nor understandable..."

Kai: "Maybe something embarrassing?"

Zane: "I don't think any of us would truly be comfortable with that..."

Jay: "Hehe... One second..."

The four ninja huddle together, whispering to eachother. (Y/N) crosses his arms and taps his foot on the ground. He pulls out his phone and checks the time, and then the ninja turn to face him.

Kai: "We think we have something"

(Y/N): "Ok, what is it?"

Cole: "Well, seeing as Lloyd is going to be gone for quite some time, his chores will get dumped on all of us..."

(Y/N): "Yes, I know that"

Zane: "We propose that if you don't get back before sundown tonight, yo-"

Jay: "You have to do all of Lloyd's chores!"