Chapter 53: Versus

Zane walks through the icy mountains, with the snow crunching under his feet as it continues to pile up from the heavy blizzard that flies overhead. He continues walking, but the ground beneath him cracks open, and he falls into a cave, losing his arm in the process.

He reattaches his arm and sits there, before standing back up. He hears something in the cave, and an ice dragon runs towards him. The dragon tries to get him, but stops inches away due to the chains around him. The dragon roars, causing Zane to back up onto the wall, where he whimpers out of fear.

 The dragon roars, causing Zane to back up onto the wall, where he whimpers out of fear

He looks around and hears a voice.

P.I.X.A.L.: "Zane? Are you still there?" (Zane looks to see where the voice is coming from but sees his Falcon) "If you can hear me, wake up. You need to wake up"

Zane: (He wakes up, chained to a wall, revealing it's just a dream) "It was only a dream"

P.I.X.A.L.: "It's amazing you dream. I've always wondered what it's like. You've always been special"

He looks where the voice is coming from, and he sees a window with a cage on it, where a light flickers any time the voice made a sound.

Zane: "Where am I? Who are you?"

P.I.X.A.L.: "I'm P.I.X.A.L., a friend. And you're in danger and have to get out of here. Your memory drive is out of sorts and your Elemental Power-"

Zane: "Elemental Power?"

P.I.X.A.L.: "You're a Nindroid, Zane, a ninja. And your friends are here to save you. But they can't do it all. You have to remember who you are"

Zane: "Friends?"

P.I.X.A.L.: "Remember, Zane. You saved your friends and then rebuilt yourself. There are things about you that you don't understand. That you have yet to discover. But if we're ever going to get out of here, you have to remember"

Zane watches a few random Spykors move about on the wall, and the memories come flooding back

Zane: "P.I.X.A.L. We are compatible?"

P.I.X.A.L.: "Yes, Zane. Yes, we are"

At the Samurai X Cave, Nya is rebuilding the Destiny's Bounty. Wu is standing near her, asleep, from listening to Nya.

Nya: "Sure, Jay's cute and funny, and I'm always laughing around him, but everything's about him, and he never takes me seriously. More light, please"

Wu: (He wakes up and turns the flashlight on) "Right. He never takes you seriously"

Nya: "Then there's Cole. He's handsome, and I suppose I connect with him on a deeper level, but everything's so serious with him, you know what I mean? Socket wrench"

Wu: (He hands her a tool) "Young emotions are... complicated"

Nya: "Sensei, these are needle-nose pliers. I asked for a socket wrench. And could you at least try to impart some wisdom?"