Two tears rolled down my eyes as I stood up wary. I approached the paint just to have a better look at the girl and the guy portrayed there.

It cost me just one glance to confirm it. There were no more doubts about it. The girl and the boy didn't look like Jisung and Jinsu. They were Jisung and Jinsu. I had painted my cousin, Jinsu, and my first love, Jisung, without me realizing it.

Unconsciously, my body started to quiver. A lump formed in my throat and made this one dry.

With blurry eyes, I scrutinized the paint again and took some mental notes about it.

In the painting, the girl looked extremely gorgeous and delicate. It looked like an English rose. The silhouette, the porcelain skin, the features, the length, and the color of the hair...everything shouted Hwang Jinsu.

How is it that I didn't notice this before?!

In the painting, the girl was looking down at her lover with a tender expression and tears falling down her eyes. The fact that the background resembled heaven sent shivers through my spine.

The girl looked heavenly, and that was not something good given the information Jisung had told me about his wife.

I closed my eyes and tightened them to get rid of another pair of tears that wanted to go free.

When I opened them, I focused my sight on the guy, on the other side of the frame.

This one has his hands together in prayer. He is also crying. More than crying, he looks like begging. He looks devastated.

This person is looking up in the direction of the girl. You could see his grief as wanting to do something -or everything- to reach his lover, but for some reason, this one cannot reach her.

It was the clear representation of someone taking care of his loved one from the afterworld while the other was crying for the one that left.

It's heartbreaking. I have never painted something like this.

This is not my style at all.

I had painted, exactly, Jisung's story with his wife.

"Don't fuck with me like this, please..." I placed a hand over my mouth and released a trembling sob. My left hand was shaking. "How is it possible that I drew this? What was I thinking when I drew this? Why don't I remember?"

The more I stared at the paint, the more I felt my heart shatter.

I didn't want to live with this pain and think that what Jisung said had something to do with my cousin.

If that was true...if Jisung had been talking about Jinsu all this time, then that means that the least I should be worried about is that my cute guy and favorite cousin had a love story together without me knowing and that they got married and had a baby.

That would be the less important thing to be shocked about right now.

And that is because the development of that story ends in death. And that is not good.

If what Jisung is telling me is related to Jinsu, then that means that Jinsu, my Jinsu is...dead.

"But- No...no. That's not true... There needs to be an explanation for this coincidence...he said they had a girl...but Su-jin is a boy...and I never saw Jinsu pregnant...But- I mean– How wouldn't I know if she was pregnant or not? Did I really spend so much time without seeing her? But- Still...why wouldn't she tell me about it? Wait- Why am I talking as if this was true?!"

My head was about to hurt from all the information. I couldn't believe this.

This had to be one of those awful chapters written in the novels I tend to read. Those shocking chapters that leave you with a bitter taste in the mouth for as long as you read the next one to appease the anguish.