. 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 .

Start from the beginning

Aurora's eyes widened, a mixture of surprise and satisfaction evident in her features. "Well, well, well, it seems the feelings are mutual then."

Arthur's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Wait, what? First off, there are no such feelings. And How do you know?"

Aurora smirked, enjoying her role as the mischievous sister. "Yeah, you can keep denying that. Also, I may not understand everything about love, but I've seen the way she talks about you. I've never seen Alyssa so... fond of anyone before."

Arthur's heart skipped a beat, his mind racing to recall any instance where Alyssa might have hinted at her feelings. "But she never explicitly said anything."

Aurora chuckled, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "Who needs words when actions speak louder? Trust me, Arthur, sometimes it's the unsaid things that carry the most weight."

He stood there, a mix of emotions swirling within him, confused, not about his feelings but about Alyssa's.

"She has this sparkle in her eyes whenever she mentions your name. I've never seen her talk about any guy the way she talks about you."

"Do not misunderstand that sparkle of annoyance into something else, Aurora. We both know her, she has said a hundred times that she'd kill herself if she ever fell for me."

Arthur's voice trailed off, his mind filled with a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions. Could it be possible that Alyssa felt something more for him? Could all those moments of bickering and getting to know each other have evolved into something deeper?

Aurora placed a comforting hand on Arthur's arm, her gaze filled with genuine concern. "Arthur, sometimes people say things to protect themselves. Maybe Alyssa is just afraid to admit her true feelings, even to herself. But deep down, I truly believe she cares about you more than she's willing to admit."

Arthur's thoughts raced as memories of their time together flooded his mind. He recalled the late-night conversations, the shared laughter, and the moments when they let their guard down. Perhaps there had been signs, subtle hints that he had missed because he was too focused on their playful rivalry.

Alyssa appeared from behind Aurora, her presence instantly drawing their attention. She had a drink in her hand as she leaned against her sister's arms, a playful smirk playing on her lips.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" Her voice filled with amusement. "Arthur and Aurora, the dynamic duo. Should I be worried that you two are conspiring against me?"

Arthur's heart skipped a beat, feeling a mix of anticipation and nervousness. He took a moment to compose himself, his gaze meeting Alyssa's playful smirk.

"Alyssa, conspiring against you? Why, I would never dream of such a thing," Arthur replied, his voice laced with feigned innocence.

Aurora couldn't help but interject, adding fuel to the fire. "Sweetheart, don't worry. Arthur and I were just discussing how much he adores your impeccable dance moves."

Alyssa raised an eyebrow, a mischievous smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Is that right, Arthur? Admiring my dance moves, are we?"

He shrugged. "What can I say? You have a way of captivating everyone around you."

Alyssa's smile widened, her voice dropping to a sultry tone as she walked next to him. "Is that so, Arthur? Well, maybe I should give you a private performance later. Only if you can handle it, of course."