Halloween - Hailee Steinfeld

HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE! What a smut streak it was uh? But here I am, with some needed angsty fluff!

Before we start, can we acknowledge that amazing Halloween costume Hailee wore? I was speechless!

Anyway, enjoy ❤️

Sending so so much love to all of you ❤️

-

Summary: Y/N and Hailee go to Anderson's Halloween party and a guy hitting on Y/N makes Hailee jealous out of her mind. This takes them to fight, a few things are said and then they make up.

Warnings: none, only a bit of angsty fluff.

Word count: 6075 words.

-

"Y/N hurry up! Or we're gonna be late!"

"Just a sec!" Y/N screamed from her room upstairs, making Hailee roll her eyes fondly at her best friend.

"You said that 5 minutes ago."

"Yeah, but now I'm ready, I promise." Y/N countered back, her voice now more clear and not muffled as she spoke at the top of the stairs, now coming into view.

"Finally!" Hailee exclaimed as she finished touching up her hair in the mirror before turning around to tease the girl some more, only for her mouth to drop open at the sight of Y/N clad in her Halloween costume. "I-hm."

"Do you like it?" Y/N asked shyly as she adjusted her wings before descending down the stairs.

"I-" Hailee felt like all her brain melted and lost her ability to form coherent words in the process, as her eyes stayed glued on Y/N sporting a white angel costume that was way too sexy for Hailee to function properly in the Y/H/C girl's proximity.

"It's bad, isn't it? I knew I should've opted for the witch one, maybe I have some time to change-"

"No! I mean-" Hailee cleared her throat at her too eager and loud dissent about Y/N changing that costume and quickly clarified her slip up, "we're gonna be late and you are beautiful! I was just admiring the great work you did." Hailee smiled reassuringly at Y/N, who descended the last step with a still not so convinced frown on her features.

"You're not saying it just because we're friends and you are pretty much forced to be nice to me, right?" Y/N jutted out her bottom lip in an exaggerated pout and blinked her eyes repeatedly while clasping her hands in front of her, swinging a bit from side to side, and staring at the brunette resembling a kicked puppy.

"No. But if you keep doing this-" Hailee lifted her hand up to move it over Y/N's face, "I'm leaving you here."

Y/N chuckled amusedly and pushed the singer softly on her shoulder, "but seriously, do you think this is okay?"

"No, this is perfect. Everybody is gonna fall to your feet." Hailee joked with an overly sweet tone, a bittersweet sense invading her body as jealousy kicked in. I wish you were mine.

Y/N chuckled under her breath and shook her head, "let's go or we're gonna be late and I'm definitely blaming you for it at the party." Hailee gasped in fake outrage and slapped Y/N left shoulder gently on her way out of her apartment, hearing the girl laugh some more as she locked the door. Unbeknownst to the brunette, as they made their way to Y/N's car, Y/N stared longingly at Hailee's figure walking in front of her and thought back to the singer's previous words. I wish you were the one I swept off their feet.

-

"Finally! You two took forever!" Anna hugged the two girls tightly, regarding them with a disapproving look for always being late after pulling away from their embrace.