M.M.-Lovebug

1036 words
pronouns: she/her
warning: homophobia

"Called you for the first time yesterday"

"Hello?"

"Hi it's Max."

"Hi Max, any reason why you're calling?"

"Oh well I'm new and i don't have any friends so I was wondering if you wanted to go to the arcade with me."

"Well for one, I already thought we were already friends."

"Oh. Yeah."

"And two I would love to go to the arcade with you. My friends and all lame and doing some weird thing."

"You mean the stalkers?"

"Sure you can say that. You don't have to worry about them though. They're cool, especially Will he's my favorite. Don't tell the others though."

"I won't. So i'll see you at the arcade in 20?"

"Yeah, sure. See you later MadMax."

"See you later y/n/n."

"Hmm y/n/n. Fits nice."

Max hangs up the phone and smiles to herself

"Finally found the missing part of me"

y/n and Max were like two peas in a pod. It has been two weeks after they met and they were already so close. It's like they complete each other. They were always hanging out with each other. Laughing or Skating, well in y/n's case learning how to skate.

"Felt so close but you were far away
Left me without anything to say"

Billy told Max to stay away from y/n. When she asked why he said because she shouldn't hang around fags. Billy explained if he ever saw Max around y/n, he would handle her. So, for her own safety, Max had to distance herself. She missed y/n so much and y/n missed her too. She missed the hangouts. y/n missed the late night talks on the phone. And she most definitely missed the way Max smelled like strawberries and her hair smelled like honey.

"Now i'm speechless
Over the edge, I'm just breathless"

Every time Max saw y/n in the hallway or in class she wanted to say something, but she only remembered what Billy said to her in his car. The words repeated in her head. Over and over again. She imagined what Billy would do if he caught the two together. y/n eventually found a moment at the end of the school day and did what Max was to scared to do.

"Max? What did I do wrong."

"Nothing."

"Then why aren't you talking to me?"

"Because."

"Because, what?"

"Because my Billy doesn't want me to."

"Screw your Billy. I'm not scared of that asshole."

"I am. I'm scared of what he might do to you if he catches us together."

"Well then he won't catch us."

"Hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that i'd get hit by this lovebug again"

y/n drags Max through the now empty hallways and out the back end of the school.

"Do you wanna go to my house? Nobody's home."

"Yeah."

y/n smiled at Max and continued to hold her hand as they continued to run down the street smiling the whole way.

"I can't get your smile out of my mind
(I can't get you out of my mind)
I think about your eyes all the time
You're beautiful but you don't even try
(You don't even, don't even try)
Modesty is just so hard to find"

Max kept thinking about y/n and y/n kept thinking about Max. They though about each other during every moment of the day. They though about each others eyes and smiles and everything about the other.

"Now i'm speechless
Over the edge, I'm just breathless"

Even though the two were together all the time the two never ran out of things to say. The two could talk for hours on end and could find more to talk about. They stayed together through everything, even what the two went through with the demodogs. Even when y/n got beat up by Billy and when Eleven closed the gate.

"Hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that i'd get hit by this lovebug again"

After everything happened the two's relationship got even stronger. Max went to y/n's house everyday. They read comic books or danced to music or even just later on her bed and stared at the ceiling.

"Hey, Max?"

"hmm?"

"Do you wanna go to the snowball with me?"

"Yeah, of course. It's a date."

The two girls smiled at each other and continued to look at the ceiling.

"I kissed her for the first time yesterday
Everything I wished that it would be"

The night of the snowball the two girls danced all night. They danced to every song the DJ played. They mocked the other couples dancing and they danced until their feet's felt like they were gonna fall off.

"Okay one last song."

"No my feet hurt."

"Oh, come on, Max. It's my favorite. Every breath you take. Every move you make. I'm gonna keep singing until you say yes. I'll be watching you."

"Okay, Okay. Let's go."

Max grabbed y/n's hand and dragged her onto the dance floor. Their hands found their proper place on each other as they swayed back and forth with the rhythm of the song.

"y/n/n?"

"yes?"

Max didn't say anything. She instead leaned forward and placed a kiss on y/n's lips.

"Suddenly I forgot how to speak
Hopeless, breathless
Baby can't you see?"

max backed away from the kiss to look y/n in her eyes and both say anything. Instead they looked at each other with a smile and continued swaying to the music.

"Now I'm speechless
Over the edge, I'm just breathless
I never thought that I'd catch this lovebug again
Now I'm hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this lovebug again"

Ever since that night the two have dated and were even more inseparable. Where ever one went so did the other. They were truly in love and happier than they ever were. You could say the two lived happily ever after, after everything they went through. They always found a way to be together and they will be until the very end.