Z.B-Prom

1177 words

pronouns: She/Her

Warnings: None

Today was the Shadyside prom of 1978 and y/n didn't have a date yet. You were actually gonna ask Ziggy to the dance but she didn't see her so, she decided to walk to her next class.

"Hey y/n." Ziggy said popping up behind her.

"hey Zig, whats up?" y/n says.

"what I can't just talk to my best friend." Ziggy says back.

"Anyways, do you have a date to prom yet?" Ziggy asks.

"Actually thats what I wanted to talk to you about." y/n said.

Before she could say anything else some random guy walked up to Ziggy and asks her to prom.

"Hey Ziggy" John says.

"Hey John, what's up?" Ziggy asks suspiciously.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go to prom with me?"

In that moment y/n felt her heart drop. She didn't want Ziggy to go to prom with anyone else, but she wanted Ziggy to be happy. Suddenly she got snapped back to reality to Ziggy shaking her asking her what she should do.

"Say yes if you want to do it." y/n says blandly.

"Okay fine, I'll go with you." Ziggy says.

"Okay, Cool. I'll pick you up at eight." John says then walks away.

After school the two girls went dress shopping for prom. Ziggy picked out a black dress and y/n picked out a blue dress. The two went back to y/n's house to get ready. It took about two hours due to hair, and just joking around. Ziggy went in a different room to change into her dress and y/n stayed in her room. Y/n finished putting on her dress and sat down on her bed fidgeting with her finger thinking about how Ziggy would be going to prom that isn't her. Ziggy walked in the room and y/n stood up just out of shock.

"Wow Ziggy you look amazing, like really amazing." y/n says.

"Well so do you, really." Ziggy says back.

"Thanks." Y/n says while going back to her previous position.

Ziggy sits next to her and asks " What's wrong y/n."

"I'm just sad I don't have a date to the dance." y/n says.

"If you want I can ditch John and we can go together." Ziggy says.

"No I can't do that to you or to John, you guys have fun I'll just sit out for this one, you deserve this Ziggy."

"Ok, well John is outside so lets go." Ziggy says

Once the three get inside of the school it is decorated with blue and black streamers and a big banner that says "Shadyside Prom of 1978."

"oh wow these decorations are amazing." y/n says as Ziggy and John agree.

They walk into the gym where they saw hundreds of kids dancing and talking John grabs Ziggy's hand to take her dancing and with that y/n was alone. For most of the prom y/n hung out by the punch bowl while she watched Ziggy and John dance. she wished that was her so bad, but Ziggy liked John, not her. Something tells y/n that John is up to something bad, and it has something to do with Ziggy.

Soon it was time to announce prom king and queen. The Principle got on the stage and read out the names on the paper.

"This years prom king and queen are... John Ridgeman and Christine Berman." Principle Franklin announced (iCarly who, anyways...).

y/n was so proud of Ziggy but so confused. Half of the school hated Ziggy so why would they vote for her. She then looked up and saw a a big bucket hanging right over Ziggy. As soon as y/n saw that bucket, she maneuvered through the crown snd onto the stage. She then pushes Ziggy out of the way just as the bucket of red paint was spilled. All over y/n. Everyone in the crowd gasped and then started laughing. Y/n ran out of the gym and into the girls locker room, Ziggy quickly running after her.

"y/n, are you in here?" Ziggy asks.

"Yeah over here." y/n replies.

"Oh my gosh, are you ok." Ziggy says surprised.

"yeah, i'm just gonna need about five showers to get all of this paint off." y/n says, laughing lightly.

Both of the girls start laughing but soon they both stop.

"Ugh, I'm gonna kill who ever did this." y/n said.

"y/n." Ziggy says.

"Yeah what's up Zig." y/n says back.

"Why did you do it, why did you take the paint for me." She asks.

"Because you are beautiful, you had no idea, and I didn't want you to ruin anything because a couple of jerks wanted to pour a whole bunch of paint on you."
y/n says.

"Well now you ruined your dress." Ziggy says.

"I don't care about my dress, I just care about you, I care that you're ok, I care that you didn't get humiliated in front of most of the school, thats what I care about, because I love you and I can't let you get hurt." Y/n says.

"Oh wow..." Ziggy says.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to say all that, i'm sorry." y/n says before a pair of lips met hers.

At first she was shocked, but then she melted into it.

"I love you too y/n/n." Ziggy says.

"now come on let's get back to your house so you get get all of this paint off." y/n and Ziggy escaped through the emergency exit in the locker room and they walked backed to y/n's house.

As soon as thy got back to y/n's house y/n ran upstairs to take a shower. About an hour later, y/n got all of the paint off and got dressed. She opened her room door to see Ziggy in hr pajamas, reading "Carrie" and listening to music

"pretty Ironic isn't it." y/n says making Ziggy put down her book.

"what is?" Ziggy asks.

"I get drenched in red paint and you're reading Carrie." Y/n says.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." Ziggy says.

"Don't be sorry you didn't do anything." y/n says.

"I know I just feel like it's my fault." Ziggy says while frowning.

"Ziggy, i'm fine, it's fine, i'm ok and its not your fault."
y/n said.

Ziggy stayed quiet.

"Hey, I have an idea, prom isn't over yet so lets have our own prom, we don't need anyone else." y/n says while turning on a slow song.

"May I have this dance." y/n says while sicking her hand out for Ziggy to take.

"Yes, you may." Ziggy says back.

y/n wrapped her hands around Ziggy's waist and Ziggy wrapped hers a round y/n's neck. Ziggy laid her head on y/n's shoulder, her face going in the crook of her neck. The rest of the night was spent slow dancing in comfortable silence until Ziggy got tired and laid down. Y/n laid next to her and wrapped her arm around Ziggy.

"you know you're my hero y/n y/l/n." Ziggy says.

"Well you're my queen Ziggy Berman, whatever I have to do to protect you I will do it.