Z.B.- She'll never like you

words: 584
pronouns: She/Her
Warnings: hurtful words 😞

Ziggy and y/n were through camp talking and holding hands, even though they were just friends. y/n was looking at Ziggy as she talked about the latest thing Sheila did to her. y/n's heart fluttered every time Ziggy looked at her or smiled at her. y/n was DOWN BAD. She wondered what it would be like if she and Ziggy were dating. If she had Ziggy for herself. The only thing standing in her way was Nick Goode. He has made y/n's life a living hell ever since he found out y/n likes Ziggy.

He would make comments such as "Ziggy isn't a lesbian, and even if she was she would never stoop so low." or "Ziggy will never like you nor love you, you're worthless". These comments filled y/n's head every time  she was with Ziggy. She tried to push the thoughts out of her head but they were bigger that her. She hated that Nick Goode was getting in her head and the smile that was on her face was replaced with a slight frown.

"y/n? Are you okay?" Ziggy asks.

y/n looks at Ziggy. "Yeah, I'm just thinking."

"About what? You seemed pretty pissed off."

Y/n though for a second before pulling Ziggy to the empty mess hall.

Ziggy disconnects their hands with a slight pull."y/n, what are we doing here?"

y/n looks at Ziggy with a nervous look. "I need to get something off of my chest."

"Jesus, you sound like you did a crime or something." Ziggy smiles causing y/n to smile back.

y/n takes a deep breath before continuing. "Okay, Before I tell you this I need you to promise me that we will always be friends."

Ziggy nods suspiciously and y/n continues.

"I like you, Ziggy. Like more than a friend. I know that it's not really normal for two girls to be dating but I can't help but think of you when someone asks me who's my crush. I don't think of John, or Will, or Greg. I think of you."

Ziggy looks away from y/n and to the ground. "Oh."

"Oh?" y/n repeats.

"y/n, I'm sorry, but I don't like you like that. I like someone else." Ziggy looks back up at the girl

y/n feels the tears forming in her eyes. "Oh. Who is it?"

"It's Nick."

y/n felt her heart shatter. The words kept replaying in her head over and over. It didn't stop. "It's Nick."

"We can still be friends, though. You're like my partner in crime. I don't wanna lose you." Ziggy lightly smiles but this time y/n didn't return it.

"Yeah, sure." y/n nods.

"I gotta go. I told Alice I'd help her make s'mores for the bonfire tonight." y/n looks up at Ziggy quickly before walking out of the outhouse.

Y/n wiped her tears and the same five sentences kept replaying in her head.

"It's Nick."

"Im sorry, but I don't like you like that."

"She'll never like nor love you."

"I like someone else."

"Ziggy isn't a lesbian, and even if she was she would never stoop so low."

y/n felt the hot tears spilling from her face as she walked to her cabin. No matter how much she wiped them, her tears wouldn't stop coming. She thought over and over about how Nick was right.

Ziggy will never like y/n

This is more on the short side but i thought it would be a nice break from my normal fluff and happy endings so if you don't like it I apologize.