Cancer - Part 1

🔥🔥I hope you bring your tissues with you guys. This Chapter contains upsetting moments. 🔥🔥

Scene: (Flashback - St James Hospital, New York City - The year 2001)

Marie Waters was holding her 7-month-old daughter while she was waiting for her doctor's appointment. As the doctor approaches her with her information.

Doctor: Ah Mrs Waters, right this way, please. (Mrs. Water got up from her seat and followed the doctor while holding her daughter as she entered his office she took her seat in his office while she was holding her daughter.

Doctor: Thank you for coming Mrs Waters, I got your results from last week's test.

Marie: So.. what's wrong with me doctor?

Doctor: (looks at her results with a disappointed face) Mrs Waters, I'm sorry to tell you that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Stage 2 cancer. It's very serious Mrs. Waters.

Marie: (shocked) Oh my god, can this be fixed?

Doctor: You need some treatment immediately. Do you have someone to support you?

Marie: Well, I'm divorced from my ex-husband and I only got my daughter.

Doctor: Right... umm well do you have your insurance because it is very expensive for surgery?

Marie: Mine has expired. My ex-husband was supposed to help me but he didn't do anything because he was thinking about the company more than me and my daughter.

Doctor: (sad) I'm afraid I can't do surgery for you Mrs Waters. But I can give you some medication or Dip for it. This is the least I can do. I'm very sorry Mrs Waters.

Marie was gobsmacked by the news as she gripped her miraculous around her neck. As she thanks the doctors and leaves the hospital.

Scene: Apartments

Marie was looking at her mirror checking herself out as she got a nasty lump on her chest she was sad about it.

Marie: (Sigh) I can't be a superhero anymore.

Marie turns to look at Young Scarlet as she babbles. She smiled sadly as she sat down on her sad and she picked her daughter up and sat on her lap.

Marie: My dear sweet Scarlet, when you get older I hope you never have a problem like mine. I love you so much (kisses her daughter's head)

7-month-old Scarlet: (babbling while touching Marie's face)

Marie giggled at her daughter's adorableness and she looked at the videotape camera and signed sadly.

Scene: Present Day - Miss Bustier Class.

Everyone walked in as they took their usual seat.

Miss Bustier: Good morning Class

Everyone: Good morning, Miss Bustier.

Scarlet and Adrien entered the classroom and were about to take their seats. As Scarlet feels lightheaded and stumbles backwards as Adrien catches her in his arms.

Adrien: Scarlet are you alright? Do you want me to take you to the nurse's office?

Scarlet: (lie) I'm fine Adrien, I'm perfectly fine, everything is okay. No need to worry about me. (She takes her seat as Adrien takes his seat and looks at her with worry)

Adrien: (concerned) Okay.

In the middle of the lesson, Scarlet coughed hard as Adrien was getting suspicious of her.