Sam and Tejasswi start discussing a bit more and we leave soon after because no one was at headquarters except us.

"Did Viren drive you?", I ask as Tejasswi grabs her bag. Viren is her driver.
"Yeah, he did."
"Is he here? If not, I can drive you back."

I see her eyes look at me in thought, thinking about the decision. She pulls her phone out and texts someone before answering.

"Okay fine, I texted him he's not here yet. " She says it shyly kind of rocking back and forth between her heels.

We enter my car and take the drive, the pitter-patter of the rain, and the quiet engine are the only sounds. I like car rides.

I like her in my car.

Her perfume, her presence. I'm not really sure why, but she just has this alluring presence that makes me want to be around her. I don't tell her that though.
I look at her staring out the window. "We should check that warehouse tomorrow."
She looks at me. "But tomorrow is New Year's Eve."
"The sooner we check these places out the better, they keep moving."
She takes a few seconds, hesitant and I let her.
After all, she does have a family to be with.
"Okay fine, what time?"
"7 pm."
"What? Karan, we are going to miss the ball drop!"

No New Yorker goes to the city to see the ball drop, but I did just once and honestly, I would rather be at home.

"Tejasswi we are on a mission, plus it's better to go at night. You will have the whole day and even after to spend time with Drishti, maybe even make it before the ball drops." I had this urge to reassure her as I know I am taking time away from her and Drishti.
She settles with a "fine" and looks out the window.

I would say more but I don't know what to say. I'm not that good with words.

I've never been.

I reach her house soon and she steps out saying a soft thank you.

She leaves and I immediately miss her presence.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

December 31
6:50pm

Tejasswi and I are at Headquarters getting geared up for the mission. Headquarters is currently semi packed with single agents who don't have New Years' plans or missions in action. New Years' Eve is the perfect time to go ahead with missions as many people are out and in clubs.

I put a magazine in my gun as I wait for Tejasswi to come out.

"Ready", she says grabbing her things and setting them on her belt.

She literally is the definition of an hourglass. I look at her and my eyes go to her tight heat-insulated leggings hugging the curves of her full Hispanic hips.

Fuck me.

"Let's go", she says as she catches me staring. "What?"
"Nothing", I say. "Let's go."

She rolls her eyes and walks in front of me and I see a smile peek on her face.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

7:05 pm

We park far from the building and turn our BLACKPEICES to test them. We put them on our ears and head into the building. There is a gate before entering and we both stop as it could be electrocuted.