25. Arion/Lucien

Začít od začátku

"Well, then."

With his hand still around Cara's waist, he turned her around and she too went without protest, mysterious silver streaked jade eyes clashing with mine.

"It's a pleasure to see you all again."

With those last words and a very rude departure, the Alpha King and my Cara vanished inside the Palace.

I ran a hand through my hair, staring at the empty space when Lucien called to me.

"Mind yourself around the little pet now." He glanced at the Palace doors Cara had entered. "She isn't the same female we knew."

"I can tell." Damien muttered, his midnight hair concealing his electric eyes.

I grinned dangerously as an attendant came over.

Glancing at my companions, I spoke. "I'm excited for tomorrow night. Let's see what all is new about our little seductress."

And indeed, we weren't disappointed.

•○•

(Lucien's P.O.V)

I've never been a fan of dancing. It's a cumbersome affair for someone of my stature and interests.

I was built for war, not swan-like gliding.

And yet here I was, having to dance as per the customs while Cecilia dragged me along.

"It's not so bad, Lucien. Relax."

I gave her a flat stare to which she responded with a snicker.

Cecilia had been officially invited as well as she was the representative of the Shifters. It seemed the scent of oranges would haunt me for a while longer.

Not that I didn't enjoy the idea of having her close by to release some twnsion. Because God's knew how wound up I'd been since the moment I laid eyes on Cara in Xander's arms.

The sight made my ice cold heart clench.

I knew Damien was around but he'd been a little off. Hadn't talked to me much since he met Cara last evening and Arion had been milking the chance to converse with the officials, no doubt making important connections. But it wasn't like he had been unaffected.

The changed, self-assured looking Cara was a kick to the stomach even though she'd never kept the fore in her under check. It's just that now she could act like the queen she was.

Queen she was?

Where did the thought come from?

My attention was called upon when the Royal entry of the officially Coronated Queen Luna and Alpha King was announced.

The dancing tune of the music changed to a royal one. The orchestra sure was talented.

There she stood, looking ethereal with a satin dress of gold that was sparkling like a thousand suns. Her eyes swept the dance floor from her entrance above.

The dancing stopped and Cecilia sighed besides me but I kept my face impassionate and tracked her movements.

I looked around us at the melee and deduced that a lot of high-ranking people had indeed decided to grace this occasion.