Chapter Seven

Head Shot

My eyes were stuck on the gun in front of me. I couldn't think of anything except for the bullet that was waiting to be lodged in my skull. Then that would be the end of this nightmare...

"What are you two idiots doing?!" Wynn screamed as the older, much stronger looking man held her back.

"We're doing our job, Wynn." The older man said calmly. "You know what we were told, if one of them escapes then we shoot and kill. You know that."

I then hear the click of the bullet being placed. I snap out of the trance and look up at the young man holding the gun. His dark brown eyes were unwavering and cold as they looked at me.

"Terrance put the gun down! She's not one of them." Wynn yelled. The younger man, Terrance, placed the ice cold barrel of the gun on my forehead. I didn't move an inch. Why the hell wasn't I moving?

"Terrance, you idiot! That's Zoey Ross!" Wynn screamed at him. "You know, Z!"

Terrance's cold eyes finally moved away from me to Wynn. "Z?" He asked. Wynn nodded. Is everyone calling me that?

"She is Zoey Ross. The Zombie girl who is still human. So if you shoot her, you will be charged with murder." Terrance stared at Wynn with a challenging glare - to which, she gladly returned. I wonder if I should say something...

"Terrance, let the girl go." the older man spoke. His voice was calm, as though he has already dealt with this before. Terrance looked at the older man and his cold, hard gaze turned soft. I heard a long sigh and then the gun was out of sight. The older man lets Wynn go and she comes running towards me.

"Are you okay?" she asked in a panic. "I am so sorry. It seems that my family can be pure idiots sometimes."

The man walks up to us and holds a hand out. "Yes, we can be." he laughs. "I am sorry about that, Z."

I nod, accepting their apologies. "It happens." But this would be the first time, though, probably not the last.

I grab his hand and he pulls me to my feet. When I am up, the older man doesn't let go of my hand. Instead, he shakes it. "I'm Richard." he greets.

"Zoey."

Richard let's go of my hand. "Well, it's nice to meet you. And we really are sorry about all of that. We are just doing our job, that's all."

"Yeah," Wynn says, "We don't want any of the sick running around lost."

"They're not sick, Wynn," Terrance corrected, sounding cold. "They're dead. Just like her." Terrance glared in my direction, as though I was his worst enemy. "And I'm not going to be her dinner." Terrance then turned on his heel and left.

Well, I thought, isn't he just peachy? This 'Terrance' guy must have something against Zombies. Otherwise, almost killing someone who you've just met and not apologizing is just wrong.

"Sorry." I turn my attention to Richard, who was rubbing the back of his shaved head. "About Terrance. It seems that he is really dedicated to his job."

"No problem," I say. "But I should really be getting home."

You know, before he comes back and puts a bullet in my brain.

"Yes, of course." Richard agrees. "It is getting late."

"Then maybe I can walk you home!" Wynn interrupts. I open my mouth to tell her that I would be fine on my own.

"No, Wynn," Richard says. "You have to stay here and guard remember?" Wynn's smile disappears.

"Oh yeah," she says, now disappointed. "That's too bad. Maybe we could hang out another time?" I nod, not wanting to hurt her feelings. Her smile returns. "Tomorrow then?"

Wait, what?

"We can go to this great club that I know of. Right, Richard?" I look over at Richard, pleading him with my eyes that he will say no.

"Sounds good to me!" Richard says. He then turns to me with a smile. "What about you, Zoey?"

This man is dead to me. However, it did sound like a good idea to get out of the house. I mean, it's either I go with these people who would possibly kill me or stay home with my love drunken mother.

I smile at the two of them and say, "Sure, why not?"

҂ Zօʍɮɨɛ ҂

Aʊtɦօʀ's Nօtɛ

Sorry! ╥﹏╥ I know that I haven't updated in a long while. But, I am finally on Summer Break so I promise that I will be updating more!

Tell me what you thought of this chapter and what you think of Terrance, Wynn, and Richard.

Vote (if you like) & Comment (because I wanna know what you all think!)

Thanks for your patience!