Chapter Six

Dead Zones

Picture of Evan Peters (Terrance) & Video of Bea Miller (Wynn) on the side. (^▽^)

Enjoy!

When the Zombies started to become dangerous, the government had to do something. That something was the Dead Zones.

When I first heard of these Dead Zones, I thought about how stupid the name sounded. Then, after a while, I figured out that it actually suited it. I mean what would you call a place in the middle of nowhere that is full of the walking dead?

҂

I walk down the wide sidewalk as the temperature started to drop. I was sure that the forecast said it was going to be around 50°F tonight, however, to me, it felt like 10°. Feeling frozen was yet another downfall to being a Zombie.

I shove my hands further down into my pockets. I was freezing cold, but I was not about to go home to see Mom getting ready for her date with the Zombie Expert. I know how selfish I was being by not going straight home after my little checkup with the Zombie Expert. Although, frankly, I didn't really care.

For years, it has been just my Mom and I. So, as her child, I should be happy for her. But instead, I'm angry at her and I didn't really understand why...

"Hey!" I heard a vaguely familiar voice yell from behind me, right behind me. I jump in surprise. I quickly turn to face the girl from the theater. She smiled brightly at me. "Finally." She said. "I thought you would never answer me."

I stare at her confused. When did she get here? I look around for the two guys that were with her, however, she was alone and, unconsciously I thought: Isn't she kind of young to be out here alone?

"So, Z, did you get that problem checked out?" The girl asked. I look at her wide-eyed whenever I hear the nickname. "It was pretty scary whenever you started choking. But it was sick whenever you threw up that black goo! What was that anyway Z?"

There it was again. That letter that not only stood for Zoey, but also for Zombie. I never knew I could hate a letter this much.

"Please don't call me that," I tell her. Even I could hear the anger in my voice. The girl was now the one who looked confused. I sigh. "My name is Zoey. Not Z."

The girl looks surprised and her mouth forms a big 'O'. "I am super duper sorry!" She says in a panic. "I didn't really know. I always hear them call you Z on TV, so I kinda assumed that-" the girl slows to a stop. "Sorry. I'm a jerk...Do over?"

I shrug. I wasn't really great with conversations.

The girl smiles and holds her hand out. "Hello Zoey, I'm Wynn Parker. It's nice to meet the famous survivor of the apocalypse." I look down at Wynn's hand. She seemed so friendly and I didn't get it. I'm a Zombie. She is supposed to be afraid, however, instead, she is being kind and friendly.

Hesitant, I take her hand and shake it. "Nice to meet you too," I state. Wynn grips my hand. Her blue eyes widen.

"Whoa! You are freezing cold! Where did they put you in that hospital? A freezer?" Her expression was with shock and surprise. It was sort of...funny.

Wynn looks at me confused when I start to laugh. "Sorry," I say. "But they didn't put me in a freezer." I laugh. Wynn smiles shyly, blood rushed to her cheeks as she blushed.

"Wynn!" Another familiar voice yelled. Wynn and I turn and see the two men from earlier running this way. Wynn raises her hand to wave at them, when the younger one separates the two of us, pushing me to the ground.

Next thing I know, I have a gun pointed at my head. And all I heard was the loud emotionless moans in the distance. That was when it finally hit me...

I was stupid enough to wander into a Dead Zone.

҂ Zomɞıє ҂

+ Auţһoя's Noţє +

Zombie is finally updated! This was a really quick chapter that I put together, so I'm sorry if it has a lot of mistakes

More will be up soon!

Vote (if you like) & Comment 

Until next time mi amigos!