#31 * Athena X Aphrodite (part 2)

Requested by amazoncrazysloth

------------------------------

Athena was nearly running through the hallway, her heart beating rapidly in her chest. Her breathing was quick and the goddess didn't seem to be able to regulate it. Her head was spinning with the thought of what had just occurred.

"Careful what you do little sister. We don't want an all-out war now do we?" Ares grinned as he pinned Athena against the wall.

"What do you want?" Athena asked, trying to keep her back straight, her knees from buckling and her voice from faltering.

She wasn't scared of the war god, but she didn't like having him this close to her either. She could smell the stench of blood corrupting her nose. It always seemed to follow him wherever he went.

Ares was intimidating her and she couldn't show it was affecting her for even a second. If he thought he could exploit her, he would. The wisdom goddess rather didn't find out all the ways her brother would use her if he knew he could intimidate her.

"I want you to stay away from my wife." The war god barked.

"She's not your wife. In fact she is Hephaestus's wife."

His hand locked around her throat, lifting her up with ease and slamming her into the wall. The daughter of Zeus felt all the air escape her lungs, breathing after that would be hard enough, even without her brother's hand restraining her.

"Don't be smug with me now. Aphrodite is mine."

"She's a woman, brother. She is not something you can own, for she is no property." Athena managed to say.

The war god growled and threw his sister to the ground. She coughed, trying to regain her breathing. Ares smirked seeing Athena down on the ground like a beaten puppy, no armor or Aegis to protect her, it made him feel powerful.

"Don't you dare come near her again 'Thena. If you do, I will personally make sure your life will be your worst nightmare, on and off the battlefield."

Ares turned on his heel and paced away, his deep red cloak blowing behind him with the force of his stride. 

Athena tried to shake the thoughts from her head. She could feel tears stinging in her eyes, threatening to escape, but she wouldn't let them. 

By the fates, she was a war goddess, she held just as much power over a battlefield as her brother did. She was just as strong as he was. Why did she let him intimidate her like this?

The wisdom goddess continued to make her way through the hallways until she finally reached her study. She locked the door behind her and turned to sit at her desk, however she found her place already occupied. 

The daughter of Zeus jumped back, her back meeting the door. She was glad for its support, otherwise she surely would've fell backwards.

"What kept you so long darling? And why did you lock the door?" A curious Aphrodite asked from Athena's chair.

The love goddess inspected her lover's face. She looked like she'd just returned from a battlefield, but if she had, she would be wearing her armor. It seemed odd, Athena wasn't scared of anything or anyone and she was always rational. Why would she be running from someone or something?

"Are you okay?" 

Athena seemed to get shocked back into reality.

"Y-yeah, perfectly fine." She lied, but she couldn't hide the tremble in her voice.