Chapter 20 : Family Day (1)

Henitsue Mansion was under purification, the family needs a place to stay in. So... Family day it is!

But 

WHat?!?

---

Just another hectic and tiresome day for the Henituse family-- is what it was supposed to be if only their vasals and their servants didn't push the thought of letting the Count and Countess have some quality time with their children.

At first, the Count suggested to only rent the whole inn that was near their mansion, but Countess Violan advised that they should at least spend their money on more luxurious stuff if they're going to spend it anyways. 

So this whole situation ended up with the whole Henituse Family going to the Capital to spend time together and have a picnic on their way. But first, they have to do something before they leave...

"Son, if it's a ball, then we can just go and buy more balls for your kittens in the future" Deruth said, trying to comfort his eldest son while looking at the servants fervently looking for a 'ball' that Cale 'lost'.

"Father, that ball is special" Cale said again as he strode away from his father to look at the drawers and vases.

"The kitten-nims must have misplaced them, I'll try looking in the garden young master" Hans said with a concerned look before walk-running away to tell some of the servants to come with him

Everyone is basically going around and looking for their young master's precious ball

Meanwhile, the ball that everyone is fervently looking for...

"what in the fuck is this?" 

"Where in the shit am I?"

Rok Soo does not know, and neither does he have someone to give him the answer to those questions. 

'It's a mess. Everything is a mess' Rok Soo mumbled to himself as he looked around. Blood, wood, bricks, fire. It's everywhere.

Wherever you look, wherever you turn your head, all you can see are dead people, either killed by magic or a sword, he doesn't want to know.

"...this day is the day when the Harris Village was massacred..." Rok Soo mumbled, he doesn't know if this was a dream or maybe just an illusion, or maybe even a prophecy, but neither of those things sounds appealing to him. 

"I guess I have been too inattentive about the dates..." Rok Soo mumbled again, he didn't mean to, but he had been having a great time napping and sleeping with the kittens and Cale Henituse. 

It's so not like him to forget about something so serious. Well, there's nothing more that he can do.

For now, he has to find Choi Han and bring him safely to the estate and try not to make Choi Han and Cale fight... If you call that one-sided fight a fight then that's what that is. 

Rok Soo started flying around, turning from corner to corner, trying not to look at the bodies on the ground. And since the Harris Village was not so big, it only took him half a minute to finally hear shouts and screams, as well as the clashing noises of swords.

It's near.

Rok Soo flew faster and higher so he won't get caught or seen by the screaming people.

Once he got a better view from a safe distance, he finally saw the protagonist slashing down his enemies, the people from the secret organization. 

It was a bloody and one-sided fight, obviously one-sided, not because the enemies were larger in number but because Choi Han alone is a monster-- I mean, a one-man army. 

Reading how he killed those people was better than watching him really do it. How vicious. 

Rok Soo looked away from the sight and decided to hide behind a barrel. It's better to wait till Choi Han finishes those people off first and approach him later. 

---

Choi Han, who was busy writing the villagers' names on their 'graves', suddenly heard a rustling sound behind him. He quickly sheathed his sword and pointed it towards the place where he had heard the sound, expecting a new enemy trying to kill him when he was not looking, just to be shocked that no one was there. Nothing. 

He looked around once more, still holding his sword tight, and used his heightened senses. 

Rustle rustle

Choi Han turned around to look where the rustling sound was coming from, It was on the bush near him, it was a small bush that would even barely fit an 8-year-old child, much more an adult. 

He slowly lowered his sword, but he was still looking at the bush just in case it was an enemy or a wild animal. 

But what came out of it was neither an enemy nor an animal. It was a ball. A Christmas ball. A lightbulb...? 

"what..." Choi Han mumbled, still looking at the lightbulb thing in front of him. It didn't seem like anything dangerous, but Choi Han knows better than to be deceived by a... innocent looking... thing? Seriously, what is that?

Rok Soo wanted a clean and smooth reveal. He wanted to 'comfort' Choi Han by giving him warmth and paying respect to the dead people. 

Not this whatever in the world kind of reveal this is.

Now they must've seemed like one of those characters in the movies or cartoons where a rabbit was actually in the bush and the main character, which is Choi Han, would actually be alerted just to find out that it was nothing but a rabbit.

'If only the bush didn't try to be a btch then it would have been a nice meeting for me and Choi Han' Rok Soo wanted to shake his head, but since he have none, he just decided to let it be.

"Who are you?" Choi Han asked, suspicion visible in his eyes. 

But instead of answering Rok Soo only flew towards the grave slowly and lay there for a few seconds. He's paying his respect to the dead.

Well, either way, it's not like he can talk. 

Next step: bring him to the Count

----

No daily updates now? Yes. Sadly, I'll be busier than ever haha. Also, I'm still having fun in writing this so I will not be putting it on Hiatus or any of the sort... For now that is. Anyways! 

I was thinking of publishing my original book here and see how everything goes... Well, if you guys want to read it that is...