Chapter 17: Stuffed?

Kim Rok Soo is stuck. He doesn't know how, he doesn't know why. But he's stuck. Not in the middle of a bed, not like how the kittens would squish him when they were sleeping, and not even how he'd unconsciously squeeze himself in between the pillows making him unable to move that he'd need the kittens to help him get out. No. Not those, but he's stuck.

He was just following the two redheads to take a 'bath' with them, even though he didn't need it, but he still followed anyways. but as he was following them, he saw someone enter a room. He was not sure who it was, but it was a familiar back of a person, so he unconsciously followed the person and realized that it was Count Deruth.

He wanted to turn away and go back to his companions and friends but the door was slumped shut on its own, thus, making him unable to leave the room. He had no choice but to hide quickly before Deruth notice him and order a priest to exorcise him. So he quickly went to the nearest 'comfortable' place and hid there. 

This was when Rok Soo realized that he was in the room of the deceased Countess. Since this person was not mentioned in 'The Birth of a Hero', he had no idea who it was and what kind of relationship both her and the Count had aside from being a husband and wife. He felt uncomfortable looking at a man reminiscent of his past so he just closed his 'supposed to be' eyes and just let time pass by while waiting for the count to open the door and leave. And that's when something happened.

When he was hiding, he suddenly felt an iffy and uncomfortable feeling, it didn't last longer than 2 seconds so he didn't mind it and just thought that it was just because he's currently a soul and what was happening was normal, or so he thought. He was about to leave his hiding place since the Count is already on his way to the door and was about to leave, but he couldn't move-- or float rather. 

He was just doing the same thing like how he'd float or fly around as a small bundle of light, but nothing was happening. And so here he is now, thinking what in the world did he do to deserve to be the world's stress ball, still wondering if the Gods are laughing at his misery, and if ever that they're betting money while making fun of him, he could at least wish that they'd give him half of what they earn because he's sure as hell he'd make a good laughing and misery stock right now.

"what in the hell is this..." Soo grumbled to himself while still trying to move, and since he thought that flying and floating wouldn't work, he decided to move like how he would usually move as a human being. It was just a hypothesis and a theory that he didn't know would work, but it did.

"... what in the..." he mumbled to himself after seeing that he's basically standing up right now. Note, standing up, literally. 

"This..." is confusing. 

He had tried possessing a body of a rat, a doll, or anything in particular that would make him at least be in the body of something, but it didn't work before. So what was the difference?

Are there any rules or protocols when possessing something? He wasn't sure because this is the first time that he had been a soul and also the first time that he was able to finally possess something.

'Nevermind those first, I have to get out of this room first and go back to the kids' 

He moved his 'left' arm to see what kind of thing he was, apparently, it seemed to be a teddy bear that kids would usually hug before they sleep. The arms that he's seeing are brown, so he decided to look down at his tummy so he could see if he was really a teddy or not.

But as he was trying to look down, he didn't realize that his body became unbalanced, making him fall down from the high shelf head first and plop himself on the hard concrete. 

"..." 'It didn't hurt...' No, it did not hurt even the slightest. He didn't feel anything aside from his current body bouncing on the hard concrete, and that was just it. (note: had to make my own teddy bear fall down from the shelf just so I could see it in person LOL)

"It's not so bad" he murmured to himself before standing up again and looking around to see the whole room. Big, everything is big. 'I guess it's to be expected since I'm in a body of a teddy bear

He started walking towards the whole body mirror that was located in the corner of the room, it was covered with white cloth, but it was still obvious that it was a mirror just by its location and its stature. 

Unfortunately, the room was wide and big so the trip to the mirror is a bit too far for him, fortunately, he did not feel tired through the whole walk, it's probably because stuff toys have no organs... probably? Logically thinking, walking as a stuffed toy is impossible because it doesn't have bones...

but hey, we're in the world of swords and magic where monsters exist. 

So here he is now, trying to grab the cloth of the mirror with his two... hands? arms? THE BEAR DOESN'T EVEN HAVE FINGERS?!!!?

So he just grabbed the cloth with his... arms... and just lightly pulled the cloth to reveal the dusty old mirror. He was so focused on not making a sound and not accidentally making the mirror topple over him that he didn't notice the cloth that was about to hover around his tiny body from above

"what the... who's kidnapping a stuffed toy now?" he grumbled to himself as he tried to wave the cloth off of his tiny body making the cloth all messy which is also making the cloth on his feet tangled causing him to fall down, again.

"damn it" he grumbled again and just lay on the floor for a few seconds before standing up and look for the end of the cloth. 

After a few minutes of working hard to get out of the cloth, he finally manage to see himself in the mirror

A reddish-brown teddy bear with a red ribbon on the neck and a lighter share of brown on the tip of the... arm? hand? It's probably an arm since the teddy have no fingers

It was a cute teddy bear all in all, honestly. He did see these kinds of things when he was young, but since he had no money he couldn't afford to buy one for himself so all he could just do is look at it from afar. Well, he doesn't want it now since he's already an adult, and surviving is his first priority.

"Alright, let's get out of here now" he said again and walked towards the door of the room

'... How am I supposed to go out now?'