Chapter 3: Soul Bead

Kim Rok Soo was having the time of his life, just lazing around the fluffy bed. Well, it's not like he can literally lay down on the bed, but just the feeling of not hiding from the scary assassin-butler and from Cale makes his day brighter.

Laying on the bed made him realize that he still has his sense of touch, it's quite faint, but it's there. Surely, because he has his sense of touch, he can probably feel people's temperature if he gets close enough

Now the only things he have to test are his sense of taste and smell. I can try that later...

He was about to just close his non-existent eyes when he heard the door opening which made him flinch a bit. He quickly took a breath and snuggled between the piles of pillows on the bed. Souls probably don't breathe but who cares

Luckily for him, he positioned himself near the pillows earlier, which made his sneaking more efficient.

"hmm?" He heard an old familiar voice, I can't hear any footsteps.

'Is it the assassin-butler?'

Rok Soo wants to sigh to ease his emotions, but his survival instincts are the ones taking over him right now that he can't even move.

"I was sure there was someone here earlier" the butler said again as he searched through the whole room of his young master

'There's no one here...'  

If there's no one here, then whoever that was must've snuck out when the young master went to the dining hall. 

Ron sighed lightly before stepping out of his young master's room and silently closing the door. 

'I'll just tell Vicross to watch over the Young Master for now...' 

Leaving a defenseless puppy is not good. At least lending the puppy a guard will be the least he can do.

Kim Rok Soo waited till the old butler left, but he could not hear any sound. Even if it's just a creaking door or any light footsteps or anything that is moving. He couldn't hear anything.

'I would've thought that I had lost my sense of hearing if I couldn't hear the wind outside' Kim Rok Soo thought as he tried to focus his hearing around the room again.

He was probably too focused and immersed in trying to see if he could hear any sign of the old assassin-butler leaving the room that he didn't notice his dimming light, his once slightly bright light started going faint, till it was lost. By then, without noticing, he had fallen asleep while still snuggling between the pillows.

"Haa, so tiring" Cale Henituse sighed as he chugged on the bottle of wine that he was holding. He had just come back from the two temples to buy something, and since he didn't get to drink his morning alcohol earlier, he just ordered Ron to prepare a drink for him once he gets back.

"Will you be eating your dinner in your room, Young Master?" Hans, the butler who also welcomed him, asked while following him

"Yeah"

"Then we'll bring it to you shortly, please excuse me" Hans said and bowed respectfully towards the redhead. Hans still feels safe as of now, but he's not sure if he will be later. That's why he's excusing himself early just in case the young master starts throwing his tantrum.

After walking for a while, Cale had already arrived in front of his room. 

"I hope the things they gave me works" Cale grumbled and looked at the box that he fished out of his pocket

Being haunted is not a rare case, but it's not common either. Mostly, a priest would be the one dealing with this kinds of stuff, but since the 'soul' was not feral, they just advised me to shoo the soul away.

Cale dropped the wine bottle on a table and opened the box that the priest had given him. The content of the box was a bracelet. It was light blue in color and looked like a very luxurious gem. Cale took the bracelet and looked at it closely.

"Since the soul that the young master had encountered does not seem to be feral or in a savage state, then the Young Master either can just wait till the soul decides to leave, or to forcefully make it leave"

"Forcefully? Wasn't there a rumor about a soul going ballistic because someone 'forcefully' shooed them away?"

"Yes, that is why it is very advisable for the haunted to wait till the soul or the spirit leave on its own" The priest opened a drawer and took out a small box. it looked like those boxes where you put a bracelet inside and give it as a gift.

"This is a soul bead, this is the one we usually give to people who are being haunted. It cost quite a lot, that's why not everyone can afford this and have no choice but to take the latter option" the priest said solemnly

'latter option? does he mean the 'forcefully shooing the soul'?'

"I see" 

"It won't affect the soul in any way, but it will prevent the soul from coming near you. All the young master have to do is to wait till the soul decides to leave" the priest smiled again

"will it also remove the feeling of being watched by the soul?" 

"Sadly it does not, since making a barrier to prevent a soul from approaching already requires too divine power, we doubt that we can do anything other than that as of now." 

"I see, I'll take this then"

'The priest from the God of Death's temple sure was very friendly.' Too friendly that it's suspicious...

Cale sighed and wore the bracelet he bought. While wearing it, he heard a knock on the door and a voice from a familiar person.

"Young master, this is Hans, we have prepared your food"

"Alright, come in" Cale lazily said and sat down on the couch. Hans and the other maid slowly approached the 'drunk' teenager and silently put his meals down. Once everything had been set, the maids and butlers bowed their heads

"we'll be leaving now young master, please call us or ring the bell if you need anything" Hans also said politely and bowed, he then left afterward.

Cale, who skipped lunch and only ate a little for breakfast; and is now very very hungry, suddenly heard a rustling sound on his bed. 

No, not the bed, it's the pillows

He slowly gives that certain place a side glance before putting his attention back on his food.

'Don't look. Don't look'

Cale started eating his food slowly, trying not to make the 'soul' or spirit, or whatever that is, agitated by the noise he might make. It's frustrating to eat slowly when you're so hungry. 'I should've eaten a lot earlier'

Cale sighed silently and continued chewing the meat. He froze when he heard another rustling sound from the bed, he did not want to look, but he can't help but see what was happening since that part of the room is in his peripheral vision.

The pillow fell over. It fell over but nothing was there. 

Cale forcefully chewed the meat in his mouth, trying not to look at the bed. He felt like he will have indigestion later, so he just decided to close his eyes while chewing the food and not mind the ghost, or maybe the soul or the spirit. I don't even want to know what that is but please take that away from me.

Cale sighed silently again, he felt like his inside was frozen in place. He's just hoping that the soul won't turn into a feral savage and chase him to hell.

________________________________________________

Anyone up for a Bird! Kim Rok Soo? Cuz a very odd but surprisingly good oneshot/fanfic just crossed my mind a few hours ago lmaoo