I burst out laughing. "She was giving me options, it's what her job is."

The lady soon comes down holding a white garment bag.

"Ok ladies, I think this is it."

She unzips the bad to reveal a long golden dress with a tiny slit on the right leg. It's body-con but stretchy enough that I can eat and not feel pregnant at the same time. In all honesty, I truly like it.

"It's gorgeous", I tell her.

"My best friend is gonna look so hot!"

The lady smiles proudly, happy we liked something of her pick. The dress was $382 and Aarshiya looked at me wide-eyed when I paid like it was not that much.

I have a dangerous job, but I get a dangerous amount of money as well.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

11:20pm

Today was long and my body aches from tiredness and the workout I did yesterday.

An agent's body goes through quite a lot from training, diet, sleep and fighting when you weren't prepared too.

My favorite thing to do is to get into my white cupcake pajamas. These were my moms when I was little. She found a mommy-daughter PJ set and we used to wear it together all the time. I grew out of mine and I wear my mothers now to think about how beautiful she was. Thinking about her makes my heart hurt from happiness and pain.

My parents never came back from that mission.

My phone breaks me of my thoughts, and I see Karan's name light up my iPhone.

"Hey", I say quickly recovering from my sappy moment.
"Hey."

Karan always said the most minimal and he's been that way since I've met him 3 months ago. Some may think he comes off rude but I know something happened that makes him so reserved. I decide to break the silence.

"How has your day been?"
"A little shitty. I'm fine though." He sounds tired.
I feel that.
"Why? What happened?"
"It's nothing, I'm fine. I called you to ask if the dance was this Friday."
He could have found that out anywhere.
"Yeah, it is this Friday."
"Did you get your dress?", he asks the moment I finish my sentence.
"I...did. How'd you know?"
I was sure Aarshiya didn't blab to him.... right?
"I didn't, I just asked so we can color coordinate."

If only he could see the goofy smile on my face.

Karan?

Wanting to color coordinate?

"That's a surprise", I say feeling playful.
"Nah, tell me cause I don't want to wear blue and look dis coordinated."
I laugh.
He's right.
"It's a metal color, that's all you get."
"That's all I get?"
"Mhm."
"So you want me to come out in copper and you in freakin platinum? Real nice."

I laugh at his humor and he laughs too.

"Have fun dressing up, see you at the formal."
"See you, Tejasswi, good night."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Formal Day
Friday

It's the day of the Winter Formal and Boss has given Karan and I a job during the dance. He thinks with all this people we can find someone, so working at a school dance.