Chapter 1 - Hanahaki?

TW - Slight Blood

1st Person POV - Skeppy

I was sitting at my gaming setup, on Minecraft, on MunchyMC and I was of course trolling. I had op for a week because I had won a bet against Bad and he had to give me op for a week. But then I heard something come from Teamspeak. *User Joined Your Channel*

"Oh hey Bad, what's up?" I asked, "I came to check on you to make sure that you weren't doing anything bad to my server, do you remember how long it took me to fix the last thing you did on my server?" Bad asked, I just laughed in response, I honestly loved when Bad came on, even if it was to yell at me. But I didn't care. I knew he loved me and he couldn't stay mad at me for long.

"So what are you doing on my server?" Bad asked, "just trolling people" I replied, "are you sure you aren't doing anything else?" Bad asked, "I promise you Bad, and even if I was doing something worse you wouldn't know because you're not on," I say with a snicker. "Oh yeah, that's what you think Skeppy" Bad said then I saw a message on my Minecraft. "YOU WERE KICKED BY BADBOYHALO, REASON FOR BEING A BLIND MUFFINHEAD! BAD!" I screamed at him but he just burst out laughing. I then calmed down and smiled. I knew very well I couldn't stay mad at him because I love him. Err okay I do love him, I've had feelings for him for a while now but I've been too scared to tell him because I don't wanna get rejected by him and lose him as a friend.

I then felt a tickle at the back of my throat and I coughed into my sleeve. But when I pulled my arm away I stared at my sleeve in horror. There was red blood on my sleeve and a small red flower petal sitting where the blood was. "Skeppy, are you okay?" Bad asked, I could hear the concern in his voice so I took off my hoodie and threw it on my bed behind me. "Yeah Bad, I'm fine," I say trying to reassure him, but in reality, I wasn't fine, I was freaking out. 'I just coughed up blood and a flower petal... what could this mean...?' I thought in my head before Bad replied. "Okay Skeppy, well I'm gonna go, DON'T destroy my server," he said, "I won't," I said with a giggle, then he left. *User Disconnected From Your Channel*

When I heard that I left Teamspeak and Minecraft and went straight to google and started to type. "What happens if you start coughing up blood and flower petals?" I said as I typed and pressed enter and I was getting the same result over and over again. "Hanahaki? You mean that fictional disease?" I asked as I typed up on google again. "What is Hanahaki?" I then pressed enter and started reading the first search result.

"Hanahaki Disease, A disease where the victim of unrequited or one-sided love, begins to vomit or cough up the petals and flowers of a flowering plant growing in their lungs. Which will eventually grow large enough to render breathing impossible if left. It ends when the beloved returned their feelings or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal but when the infection is removed the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear" I ended and all I could do was stare in shock and horror. "You will also get from 2 weeks to 3 months left to live before the infection kills you" I added when I saw a side search result.

'2 weeks to 3 months... That's so little time... What will my family or frie- Bad... he... I love him... I gained Hanahaki from him... But there's no way he'll return the feelings, I know he's straight  and he would never date a guy like me...'

Word Count - 670