Ch 625: To Do With Him

Start from the beginning

he was about to point at the last finger before Lin Ye paused.

Nian stopped writing all of this and noticed this sudden change in him. Filled with sudden worry, She grabbed his arm, shaking it a bit.

"Gege?" Nian asked worryingly.

This snapped Lin Ye out of his daze. Looking at Nian, He smiled at her.

"Ah sorry," Lin Ye giggled a bit, "I just forgot the last one. Just remembered it now "

Although she was not satisfied in the slightest with his answer, Nian sighed, before reluctantly letting go of his arm and putting back the pen's tip on the notebook.

Lin Ye slowly pointed at his last finger,

"The last one is the return or Journey's end..." Lin Ye's eyes softened as he stared at the finger, "Feeling like he is ready to... go back to his world, the hero must now leave. Once back in the ordinary world, he undergoes a personal metamorphosis in the realisation of how his adventure has changed him as a person, Physically and mentally."

Nian might just be imagining this, but she thought Lin Ye's face seemed lost when he said this. However, it was quickly replaced by him smiling at her. She didn't like that kind of smile one bit, a forced smile that was hiding the sorrow, pain, and regrets in it. She knows it all too well, for she has seen it so many times in her life.

"Is that okay?" He asked.

"... Yeah," Nian nodded at him as she put away her notes, "I think I can make something with this. Thanks Gege." she smiled at him softly, While inside, She was worried for him.

Lin Ye nodded at her with a smile.

"Do you write books or something, Doctor?"

Adnachiel could be seen glancing at him from the front.

Lin Ye spun around towards the angel and smiled at him.

"Nothing like that," He chuckled, "I just.... knew a person that wanted to be a writer."

"Someone you knew?" Adnachiel raised a brow, "Is that person a well-known writer? Have I heard of them?"

Lin Ye smiled and shook his head at him.

"No, she did not become one," Lin Ye's face softened as he talked about this, "Although she was an amazing writer, she didn't become one."

This caught the attention of everyone in the car, as they all looked towards Lin Ye.

"Why is that?" Steward asked, now curious about this story.

Lin Ye sank into his seat.

"She needed to choose between two things," he hummed, "Her passion for writing or someone that she loved that was sick. She picked the latter."

He smiled at the angel.

"That's all I am going to tell you."

Seeing that the doctor didn't want to discuss this any further, the others let this topic go.

To not make it feel awkward, Lin Ye found another subject to talk about.

"Adnachiel, you're from Laterano, right?" Lin Ye asked, "Can you tell me more about the place?"

Adnachiel smiled and looked back in front of him.

"Laterano is a symbol of tranquillity and consistency. The country has long endured several international conflicts, earning it a neutral standing in Terra's erratic geopolitics," He smiled while discussing more this, "The Church hopes to unify the Terrans against shared challenges to their civilizations by using their Legati as peacekeepers to communicate across nations."