34.

we all decided to go to sleep after the trial.

the next morning i was woken up by luke gently.

"hey babe, we all have to go in today. michael also scheduled an appointment for you with ashton to talk through some emotions regarding the trial." he spoke softly.

i nodded slowly before standing up. i looked in the mirror of my bathroom and saw dark puffy circles from not sleeping and crying. i felt so guilty.

i felt like i just ruined my dad's life when i should have just endured it for a little bit longer.

i walked out of the bathroom and slowly down the stairs where i saw all of the boys in the kitchen. i quietly stopped to listen in on what they were saying.

"i know it all happened yesterday, but i'm really concerned." michael whispered.

"yeah, she doesn't look good at all. she has deep black and puffy circles." luke spoke as he motioned to his face.

"well, i'll try and talk with her to see what we can come up with." ashton spoke softly.

"maybe she shouldn't have had to witness her father being locked up like that. it's bound to mess anyone up." calum added softly.

"true, but she's a strong girl. she just needs a little help right now." ashton countered before standing up.

i quietly turned the corner and stared at them blankly.

"hi." i mumbled before walking to the couch.

from the corner of my eye, i saw the boys exchange a look of worry before shaking it off and motioning towards the car.

i got up and walked to the car silently.

as soon as we sat down michael turned around from the front seat.

"hey princess, what's going through your mind right now?" he whispered.

"it's too dark for anyone to understand." i muttered before pulling my hoodie over my head and closing my eyes.

we arrived at the hospital and michael guided me to his office before leaving to go check on a patient.

i felt so hopeless right now.

a couple hours passed of me sitting on my phone playing a game before calum gently knocked on the door.

"michael asked me to fetch you for the appointment with ash." he spoke slowly.

i stood up without a word and followed him.

before i could enter ash's office calum stopped me.

"look, i know yesterday was hella stressful and difficult, but please don't shut us out. all we want to do is help you babe. we can't do that if you put your walls back up." calum whispered before walking away.

i slowly walked into the office and saw ashton already sitting across from me.

"let's talk." he spoke with a smile as he motioned for me to sit down.

"there's nothing to say." i whispered.

"oh come on now, you can't lie to me." ashton spoke swiftly.

"i don't want to talk." i spoke more firmly.

"b- "no i won't talk because i just ruined someone's fucking life when i could have just endured it." i yelled as i stood up and walked out the door.

i ran through the hospital with tears streaming down my face.

i finally reached the front and ran outside. i kept running until i heard something in the alley.

it was a woman screaming for help.

i quickly looked around the corner and saw a man slapping a girl in the face.

"hey! what are you doing?" i yelled as i hesitantly walked forwards.

"something that doesn't concern you bitch." the man snarled as he continued to beat the woman.

"stop! you're hurting her! hel- i began to shout before i felt a sharp feeling in my stomach and looked down to see blood.

he shot me.