13.

"who the fuck was in our driveway?" dad yelled as he barged into the house.

"i- "fucking speak up you bitch! what the hell is wrong with you? we aren't even beating you and you still act like a slut. maybe we should start beating you." dad laughed.

"honey, we said we wouldn't lay a hand on h- "does it look like i give a fuck maryann? go upstairs if you can't witness this." dad spit.

i shrunk into a tiny ball in the corner of the room as dad walked near me.

TRIGGER WARNING

"so you thought it was okay to act like a slut and have people over when we aren't home?" dad spoke scarily.

"i-i you didn't listen to what i had to say." i stuttered as he walked closer.

"and now your talking back! what a fucking little bitch. charles was too good for you. all he was doing was honoring the family line and you called the fucking cops like the baby you are!" he yelled as he slapped me across the face.

i fell onto the ground and grabbed my face. it hurt more than when charles did it.

"you think it's okay to be disrespectful and have people over. you're an embarrassment to this family." dad spit as he kicked me in the stomach.

i felt a sting shoot up my arm as i went to pull myself further into a ball.

i prepared myself for the multiple layers of kicks i received afterwards.

"go clean yourself up and don't bother coming down for dinner." dad spit as he walked upstairs.

i slowly pulled myself up, wincing in pain after each movement.

i limped up the stairs and saw mom waiting at the top.

"oh baby, i'm so sorry." she whispered as she pulled me close.

i hissed in pain and immediately flinched back.

"did he beat you like this in the past to0?" i muttered as i stared at the ground.

mom stayed silent before responding, "yeah babe, he did."

"i don't know why you didn't leave the first time." i scoffed as i walked away to my bedroom.

i walked into my bathroom and started sobbing at the sight of myself. i was so ugly. my eyes were sunken in, my hair was a mess, i had bruises on my face and stomach.

i looked down at my arm and saw a bruise forming right where michael told me the fracture was. so much for healing.

i quickly hopped in and out of the shower. as i was getting dressed, something caught my eye. my old razor blades.

i gently picked it up and glided it across my wrist five times and quickly flushed the blade before wrapping my arm up.

END OF TRIGGER WARNING

i laid down in bed and looked at my phone. i saw a miss call and text from michael.

michael: hey love, just wanted to make sure you are okay. you seemed very panicked while we were dropping you off. also your appointment is next week friday at 6:30 pm. see you then:)

me: thanks michael. yes i'm fine. sorry i thought i saw someone hahaha. have a good week!

i put my phone down and fell asleep.

i woke up the next morning later than usual, maybe dad felt bad.

i walked out of my room cautiously and saw mom downstairs with tears running down her face.

"what happened?" i asked.

"your father and i are in a disagreement right now. don't worry about it." mom sighed.

i went to grab an apple when mom quickly grabbed my wrist.

"you still can't eat."

i sighed and walked upstairs. i went into my bathroom and weighed myself.

100.6 lbs. how great.