29.

the rest of the day went quickly. we all pretty much laid around and watched movies.

i woke up the next morning and started to get ready to go to the therapist. i walked into the restroom to shower when i looked at my reflection.

i was getting a bit fat from all of the food i was eating. i needed to start cutting back and exercising again.

i hopped into the shower and quickly washed my hair before hopping out and throwing on a hoodie and baggy jeans.

i braided my hair and put on a tad bit of makeup before walking downstairs.

"the princess is ready." luke smiled.

"wow, this is the most casual i've seen you dressed in a while." i pointed out.

"i have no work today, so why should i dress up." he chuckled.

i laughed and went to grab an apple before stopping myself. i didn't need it.

"the apple isn't going to bite you." luke pointed out.

"yeah i know. i just remembered i brushed my teeth and apples and mint don't taste good together." i laughed.

"mhm you sure?" luke asked quickly.

"positive." i smiled.

the rest of the boys eventually came downstairs looking nice, but casual.

"i was thinking, after today, we could maybe head up to disneyland and take a trip up there?" michael pointed out.

"what the hell is disneyland?" i asked.

all of the boys froze and stared at me.

"you've never heard of disneyland?" calum asked slowly.

"no? i never really got out of the house much. my parents didn't let me have a phone until last year." i spoke slowly.

"so we're definitely going to disneyland then." ashton confirmed before ushering everyone into the car so we weren't late.

we arrived at the therapists office with little time to spare and all rushed in.

"hello, we have an appointment with dr. harry styles." ashton spoke with a smile.

"of course! i'll lead you all back to his office." the lady smiled.

we all walked back to an office door and walked inside.

i saw a man sitting there with the prettiest hair i've ever seen.

"hello! you must be ashton. my name is dr. harry styles!" he smiled as he went to shake each of our hands.

we all sat down and introduced ourselves.

"you guys definitely aren't the average family. i think i could definitely help with communication and understanding. i understand that you are all medical doctors and you, ashton, are a psychologist." harry smiled.

"yes we are!" calum spoke with a smile.

"now you little lady seemed to have a really hard past from what ashton explained." harry spoke slowly as he stared at me.

"i-i did." i stuttered.

"no need to be nervous. therapy is a great way to help with our issues in a helpful fashion." he smiled.

i nodded shortly.

"okay, so first, i would love to hear about any of the reoccurrences that have brought you here today." harry spoke.

michael went ahead and explained the whole situation and harry took a ton of notes.

"so calum, what made you decide to not tell ophelia on the spot?" harry asked.

"i was scared of her reaction and didn't know if i could handle it." he spoke softly.

"i see, ashton and michael why did you choose to meet with calum in private without including luke or ophelia?" harry asked.

"well, i didn't want to deal with a harsh reaction and rather figure out how we were going to solve the situation if it got out of hand." ashton replied.

"i'm with ashton." michael agreed.

"luke, how did you feel when they left you out of the decision?" harry asked.

"ophelia isn't my child. i feel like i have a say in her behavior sometimes, but she's michael's kid. i'm just an uncle at the end of the day. she's my family and i love her, but i also know my place." luke spoke stiffly.

"finally, ophelia, why did you run away?" harry asked.

"i was never taught how to communicate. i was abused my whole life. i wasn't given an opinion or appropriate response." i spoke hesitantly.

"okay, so i see some glaring issues with how we handled the situation and i would love to help you. the family dynamic is unique but definitely could use a bit of work." harry spoke before pausing. "would you like to know what i noticed?"

we all nodded.