#22

Avery ( pov)

"Mam" the waiter offered drink to us as we looked around.

"No thank you"

"This is so grant, big." The mansion was full of people talking, drinking, dancing, dealing, flirting, playing. The 1st floor for drinking, dancing, flirting, making outs and all.

The 2nd floor is for games and when I say games it's deadly and dangerous.

The 3rd floor for dealings and the last 4 th floor where we are now is for greetings and talking.

"You know right?" Conner asked.

"Stay by your side?, Yes yes as I said I'll try." He's been repeating those word from the moment we entered inside the party.

He sighed and nodded his head.

"Come on" he say as he hold his hand out for me. I hesitated at first but grabbed his hand at last. I don't want to welcome any trouble.

"Mr. Conner nice to see you here." An old mid in 50 man greeted Conner as he eye me from head to bottom. I shiver in disgust.

"Nice to meet you too Mr.Black." Conner tried to take his attention on him which made me Little at ease.

"O come on drop the honorific well I see you have a new company " but his gaze landed on me again.

"Good evening sir " I greeted him pretending totally normal, I'm here to see Grayson not to make trouble for Conner.
I keep reminding me myself that.

"Good evening " he said as he lick his bottom lip making me to puke.

"Mr.black I see you don't have any company today." I guess Conner sense my uncomfortable.

"Yeah it upsets me a lot. " He said as he gaze stop at my breast.

"We will see you later Mr. Black" before I say something Conner excused us and took far away from him.

"You ok?" he asked looking straight in my eyes. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding up till now. And nodded.

"That's why I said you to stick with me the whole time." It's was clear why he said that many times but now when I'm experiencing, I truly understood him.

"Don't worry you are safe with me. No one can a lay their hands on you." He assured me. Which made me little comfortable.

"I didn't expected this." I really didn't, I thought he will take care of his business while I mine. But here, he take caring and protecting me.

"Even tho our relationship didn't went how I wanted doesn't mean.."

"I know, you are a man with ethics for sure" I interrupted him as I smile at him. and in some way I'm thankful that he's atleast not like somebody else.

"I missed this". Well thinking about it when we ever in relationship we had enjoyed each other's company some times.

For a little time we smiled , laughed, supported, and even cried togather.

"You will not die if you accept it." Here he goes with his nonsense.

"Ok I did too." But I agreed, he atleast deserve this. He deserves to know how I felt when we were togather.

We both smiled at each other as we marched towards and greeted more people. Gusse what? Conner is not bad with talking, he's known where and how to turn the table. He sure is a business man.

He's professional even when lady's wore over him infront of me.

It's been more than 1 hour I'm greetings people well gusse I need to excuse myself and find Grayson.