1

"I only sleep to dream forever with you

                               "I only sleep to dream forever with you."

Chapter 1

Rose's POV

"Get up, time for school."

My eyes flutter open as my mom messed up my hair.

"Get up bed-head, no time to be sleeping, it's your first day of school. You don't want to be late, do you?" She said walking out my room.

I then remembered why I was here. In Tulsa. My mom and I had to move here because she wanted to be closer to her sister, which is my aunt. My cousin is Keith, but he told me to call him Twobit when I talked to him over the phone. He's my only cousin, and I really love him. He is the closest thing I have to a sibling. We are pretty close in age, he is just one year older then me.

I rolled out of bed and picked out a white shirt with a blue and orangish skirt. I put on my white converse and I brushed out my hair along with some perfume. I don't get how girls put on makeup all the time, thats why I only wear it for special outings. When I did it felt like a mask on my face, which was kind of the point. I usually just leave my face alone. I ran downstairs and got my breakfast - Pancakes.

"Have a good day Rosie!" My mom called from the kitchen

"Okay." I said stepping out the door with my keys. Twobit was driving me today, he had to go to school as well.

"Hey Two-bitch." I said getting in on the passenger side. He looked at me with a smile and started driving.

"Hey shorty." Ugh he always calls me that.

"Hey I'm not short, you're just too fucking tall." I said rolling my eyes.

"Yea Yea." He pressed down more on the gas petal and my whole body jolted to the back of the seat.

"Hey slow down man!" I said in a panic.

"Hey, me going fast, never. If I'm going fast you should never get in a car with Dallas, he'd scare the living daylights outta you." He said with a chuckle.

"Who's Dallas?" I asked looking at him.

"Oh just a friend."

"Ooooo, can I meet your friends, I don't know anyone here." I said looking outside.

"I don't know, I'll think about it."

"Why, ashamed of me?" I asked turning my head to him.

He smiled. "Of course not, it's just I don't know how they'll react."

"Okay whatever." I said as he pulled into the school.

He said he wasn't going to school today, so I got out and walked in the school. As I was walking around people were staring at me. I just rolled my eyes and kept my head high. While I was walking through the school I saw a tall brown haired boy messing with a black haired boy. Man, I hate bullies, and I don't stay quiet about it either. I stomped up to the boy and got in between them.

"Back of will ya." I said looking at him cold in the eye's.

He looked shocked at first, but he soon got mad.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?"

"Someone who can clearly smell a bitch from a mile away." I retorted.

"Listen here new kid, nothing around here works the way you think it does in that little mind of yours." He said walking away.

I turned back to the boy that was getting bullied. He had black long hair and dark brown eyes. He looked about 15 or 16 at most.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah thanks." He said quietly. "No one ever stands up to Randy like that."

"Oh, well give me a call next time, I would be more then happy to get a few punches in." I joked.

He laughed and held out his hand. "I'm Johnny, Johnny Cade."

I shook his hand. "Rose."

"Well it was nice meeting you Rose, but I gotta go, bye." He said walking to his friend waiting for him at the door.

"Bye Johnny." I said walking off.

I sat down at an empty lunch table and a group of Socs came and stood in front of me.

"This is our lunch table." I looked up and saw a girl with short brown hair, a guy with light brown curly hair, that Randy kid and Cherry that I already met.

"Oh leave her alone she's new, she's in my class, Rose right?" Cherry asked sitting next to me.

"Right." I said with a smile.

"Oh this is the girl from the hallway."Randy said glaring at me.

"What did you do to poor ol Randy?" Cherry asked me.

I laughed. "Poor Randy? Poor my fucking ass! You should be saying that about the kid he tried to jump in the hall, but I stopped him."

"Seriously Randy, we talked about this!" The short brown haired one said slapping his arm.

"Sorry Marcia ,okay, Jeez."  He just scoffed.

Turning to Cherry I asked a question. "Why'd Randy try to jump the kid?"

"Depends on who the kid was." She said sipping on her water. (that doesn't make it any better)

"He told me his name was Johnny." A wave of realization passes over Cherry.

"Oh because he's a greaser." She said like it wasn't a big deal. I knew about the Soc and Greaser thing back when I lived in another part of Oklahoma, but here they take it pretty serious. I don't like to consider myself either of them.

Something came back to my mind and I turned back to Cherry. "Hey, do you know a Greaser named Dallas?"

Her face went to annoyance. "Yeah, he is no good." She said leaning over at me.

What's that supposed to me?...