20

"If you can't get someone out of your head, that means there supposed to be there

"If you can't get someone out of your head, that means there supposed to be there."

Chapter 20

Rose's POV

It's been a month since I've been out. I've mostly been laying in my bed watching TV or sleeping. I know its annoying my mom, but I don't care. Mia has been calling me, but I haven't been answering. I don't want to talk to anyone. I decided not to go to school anymore. Its March and school is almost over.  My mom wants me to finish school, but I don't have the energy to do much of anything. My face healed, so I'm not in pain anymore which I'm glad about.

I was laying in bed watching Mickey Mouse when I heard a knock on my door. I got annoyed instantly.

"Mom I don't wanna talk about it." I yelled.

"It's not your mom it's Soda." I sat up confused.

I sighed. "Did my mom let you in."

"Yes now can I come in?" He asked.

I laid back down. "Yea."

He walked in looking nervous. He sat at the end of my bed and put a hand on my leg. "Are you okay, it's been month since the gang has seen you. We're all worried about you."

I rubbed my eyes. "Look I'm sorry, but if I go see the gang there's a good chance I'll see the one person I don't wanna see. Don't get me wrong I miss y'all, and it's nice seeing you, but I just have no energy."

He gave me a sad smile. "I understand that, but you have to get out of your room." He paused. "You probably don't want to hear this, but Dally is really sorry about what he did. You could at least talk to him."

I shook my head. "I don't want to see him, I may sound like a baby saying this, but I'm scared of him. I've never seen him look at me with anger and hate. He always looks at me loving and caring. I don't know if I can face him."

He took my hand. "Can you please give him a chance, for me? I think he deserves to share his side of the story."

I thought about it. I looked back at him and he was looking back at me with pleading eyes. I sighed and gave in. "Alright."

He smiled. "Great now get dressed and got to the park, he'll be there."

I nodded. He got up and gave me a hug. "Thanks best friend." 

For the first time that in a month I smiled. "Yea yea get out I need to shower."

He put his hands up and walked out my room. I closed my door and took a quick shower. I can't believe I'm gonna see Dally after a month. I thought I would never speak to him every again, but here I am getting ready to go see him.

I stepped out the shower and I changed into my red crop top and my blue ripped jeans. I put on my white converse and as I was tying my shoe laces I noticed I never took off the ring Dally gave me. I also never took off the necklaces he gave me. I didn't know if I should take them off or leave them. I still don't know if we are together. It's all confusing.

I just left them on and brushed out my hair

I just left them on and brushed out my hair. It was really tangled. I put half of it up in a bun and put on a little bit of perfume. I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror. I grabbed my keys and switchblade from my nightstand and left the house. 

As I was walking to the park my mind was still on the fact that this is the first time since the party. Would he look different? Would he not show up? Would he get mad again? Now I didn't know if this was a good idea, but I promised Soda.

When I arrived at the park I didn't see Dally, or anyone there. I sighed and sat on the swing. Someone fixed the swing next to me that used to be broken. This was the same swing Dally asked me to be his girlfriend. 

I sighed and looked at the ground. A few minutes later I heard feet approaching me. I looked up to see the one and only Dallas Winston. He looked the same. He was wearing a black leather jacket and a white shirt. He was also wearing blue jeans and black converse. 

"Hi." He said quietly.

"Hi." I said looking down at the ground again. He sat on the swing next to mine and for a few minutes we didn't say anything.

He soon broke the silence. "Look Rose I'm really sorry. I hope you would know that I would never intentionally hurt you. When I saw that guy touching you I got angry. I love you too much to let anybody hurt you. When I was beating him up I couldn't stop. He hurt you and I never want to see you hurt. When you tried pulling me back I didn't know it was you until I saw you on the ground." He paused catching his breath. "I felt myself freeze from what I did. I was mad at myself, mainly disappointed in myself. I hurt you and that made me feel awful. When I looked into your eyes I could see the hurt, and the sadness. I could also see that you were scared of me. The one thing I never wanted to see when I you looked at me. This whole thing was my fault. I know you probably can never forgive me, but I had to tell you."

I was shocked. The whole time I had been building up a story in my mind that didn't exist. I felt a tear fall down my face. "So you d-didn't mean to?" I whispered.

I looked at him and I could see the hurt in the eyes. He looked at me and I saw a tear fall from him face as well. I felt an instant pain hit my chest. I felt more tears flow down my cheeks. It's not his fault. It's my fucking fault and I blamed him. 

I stood up and held my hand out in front of him. He took it and stood in front of me. I instantly pulled him into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt him freeze, but he soon put his arms around my waist. 

"I missed you, and I'm sorry." I whispered in his ear.

"I missed you too, and its fine.." He said back.

I missed feeling the warmth of his body on mine. I pulled away a little and smiled looking into his watery eyes. He smiled and kissed my cheek. I knew he understood why I didn't want to kiss him on the lips yet. I am still scared from that night. I know he didn't mean to, but I just can't push it away that fast. 

I wiped his tear with my thumb and he wiped mine. 

I laughed. "Now can we get outta here it's kinda chilly."

He laughed. "Where do ya wanna go?"

"The Dingo, I'm hungry."

He smiled. "To the Dingo it is."

I grabbed his hand and we started walking.