5

"My love for you has no depth, it's boundaries are ever-expanding

"My love for you has no depth, it's boundaries are ever-expanding. My love and my life with you with be a never ending story."

Chapter 5

Rose's POV

Dally opened my door. I thanked him and got in. My heart was racing so fast, I couldn't control it. Why was I so nervous? I shouldn't be this nervous. He got in and started the car. We had only been driving for a minute and he asked me a question.

"So, what type of music do you like to listen too?" He asked still looking at the road.

"Well I like Elvis, The Beetles, James brown, and the beach boys. What about you?" I asked looking at him.

"Mmm, I mainly like to listen to Elvis." He said looking at me then back to the road.

"Well, let's see what's playing now shall we." I said turning on the radio. I flipped through stations until I heard my all time favorite song playing. 

"No way, no fucking way!" I said turning the song up. It was JailHouse Rock by Elvis. 

"Uh oh looks like we got a singer." Dally said laughing.

I started singing. I'm sorry I couldn't help myself, I love to sing and this is a song I couldn't let pass by. I saw Dally put the windows down and wind started blowing in my face. At that moment Dally was going way over the speed limit. I didn't care though, I felt...free. Free to be myself, comfortable.

I kept singing and singing until the song was done. I took a deep breath and looked at Dally. He was looking at me as well. I smiled and he smiled back. Just then the light turned green. I didn't even realize we stopped moving. Later we soon arrived at the Dingo. Dally parked and got out to open my door. He held out his hand and I took it.

I was gonna let go of his hand, but Dally didn't let my hand move. He intertwined our fingers and my face instantly got hot. He smirked at me and we walked in holding hands. We found a booth in the back and I sat across from Dally. Just then the waitress came over and got our orders. I got a milkshake and so did Dally, we weren't that hungry. When she left I looked at Dally and he looked back at me.

"So Rose, tell me about yourself." He said making me a little shocked, but happy he would ask me.

"Well, my full name is Rose Mae Mathews, I'm 17, and my birthday is November 10th, 1948. I-" I was going to continue, but Dally stopped me.

"Wait...your birthday is November 10th, 1948?" 

I looked at him confused. "Yea, like I said."

His eyes widened. "My birthday is November 9th, 1948."

I looked at him in shock. "That's so weird and cool at the same time."

"Yea it is. Okay okay continue." I was gonna start talking, but the waitress came over with our drinks.

"Okay as I was saying, my favorite color is blue. I am an only child. I like to sing, listen to music, watch movies, painting, reading, and just doing dumb shit. I love Dr.pepper. I like to eat and sleep. I like animals, sometimes, and that's pretty much it." I said taking a sip of my milkshake.

"Very interesting Rose." Dally said running his hand through his hair.

"Okay now your turn, tell me about you. You seem kind of like an "Off limits" kind of guy." I said playing with a piece of my hair.

"Well, my full name is Dallas Tucker Winston. I'm 17. My favorite color is red, I'm an only child. I like to go to bars, or hang out with the gang. I used to live in New York, but I moved here to get away from my parents. I like to watch movies, walk around town, sleeping, going to the park, and swimming." He looked up at me and I smiled. At least I got him to open up a little.

"Have you ever wanted to escape, but there was no where to go, no where to hide?" I asked randomly.

He kind of looked surprised. "Yea, I've felt like that sometimes."

I looked up to find his eyes on me. "I never could escape."

He looked at me confused. "When have you wanted to escape?"

I sighed. "When I was 13 my dad got cancer and it broke me. He took his treatments over and over. I was hoping it would last until my 14th birthday, but he died a few days before my birthday, so I never got to spend it with him. I wanted to escape my feelings, thoughts, hopes and dreams, my family, and even myself, but it never worked."

Suddenly Dally put money on the table and grabbed my hand. He pulled me outside and ran to the middle of the road. He stopped and I stood in front of him confused still holding his hands.

"What are we doing Dal?"

"Close your eyes and listen very closely." I hesitated, but closed my eyes and did as he said. After a few seconds I heard thunder. 

"Now open your eyes and look up." My eyes slowly opened and I looked up. Just then I felt small rain droplets fall on my face. A smile spread across my face and I looked back a Dally who was staring at me. The rain started to pick up and I started to laugh.

Out of no where Dally grabbed both of my hands and in one swift motion we began to waltz around the street. I started laughing as we spun in circles. Dally had a big smile on his face and was laughing as well. At some point it became more free style dancing then a waltz.

We jumped and hopped, kicking water onto our legs. I would slip every so often. Faster and faster we danced in the rain, getting soaking wet. I grabbed Dally's hands and we spun in circles. Dally grabbed me by my waist and picked me up. He spun me in the air and it felt amazing. Soon enough we both fell on the ground laughing.

We both laid their flat on the cement looking up the sky while rain drops fell on our faces. As I was trying to catch my breath I felt Dally intertwine his fingers with mine. A smile spread across my face and I turned my head to Dally. He did the same and we just stared at each other.

Suddenly we both heard the horn of a car and we saw headlights coming our way. Dally quickly pulled me up and we both ran to his car. Once we both got in we faced each other and burst out laughing.

"That was...amazing." I said catching my breath.

"That was our way of escaping." Dally said smiling at me. I smiled and he started the car. We drove the rest of the way to my house just listening to the radio play.                                                           Once we made it to my house Dally came and opened my door. We walked up to my front door and I turned to face Dally.

"Thank you for taking me out today Dally, this is the most fun I've had in a while. I enjoyed spending time with you." I said blushing a little.

"I'm glad you enjoyed today, I had a great time with you too doll. 

"Thank you for everything." I said running my hand through my damp hair. 

"No need to say thank you...So um when can I take you out again?" He asked a little nervous. He want's to take me out again?

I smiled. "Surprise me."

"Alright, bye Rose."

"Bye Dally." I said turning the door handle. Suddenly I paused. I didn't want it to end just yet. I turned back around and gave Dally a kiss on the cheek. When I pulled away I saw him smile. I smiled and turned back and went inside. Once I closed the door I locked it and slid down to the floor with a big smile.

What has this boy done to me?...