12

"Take my hand, my heart, and my soul because it's all meant for you

"Take my hand, my heart, and my soul because it's all meant for you."

Chapter  12

Rose's POV

While I was laying my head on Dally's shoulder I heard Darry yell. "Guys food it done, and no eating before we pray, mainly for the boys!" The guys just groaned. Mia, Emma, Ava and I laughed.

I really didn't want to move from my body on Dal's. He had this warm fuzzy sensation which made me want to cuddle with him all the time. 

"Are you ready to get up baby?" He said as everyone in the living room started getting up.

I held onto him tighter. "No your so warm, I don't want to get up."

He laughed. "We can cuddle later. Let's go eat."

I sighed. "Fine let's go I guess." I was about to get up, but before I could Dally scooped me up in his arms and placed me on the floor.

I took his hand in mine and we walked to the dinning room table where everyone was sharing out their food. I grabbed a plate and started dishing my food out.

"Hey Hey don't take all the mac'n cheese man!" Dally said to Pony. He just rolled his eyes.

"Yeah Pony the girls have to eat too." Twobit said nudging Pony.

"Y'all are so dramatic." Mia and I said that the same time. We looked at each other and laugh.

"There is plenty of food to go around guys. I thought I taught y'all manners. Ladies first, but it's too late for that." He said sitting down. I heard Dally laugh a little. Once we all got our food we sat down. On the left side of the table Dally, me, Mia, and Soda were sitting down. At the ends of the table Pony and Johnny sat on one end and Darry sat at the other end. On the right side of the table Emma, Twobit, Steve ,and Ava were sitting down.

"Alright everyone grab hands."Darry said. We all took each others hand and closed our eyes.

"Thank you lord for blessing me to see my 20 years of life so far. You have provided me with more then I could have imagined. You have surrounded me with people who always look out for me. You have surrounded me with people that truly love me and love each other. Keep Mom and Dad safe. We love them and miss them. Thank you for all of the blessings. Amen." We opened our eyes and smiled at Darry. His prayer was beautiful.

As we were all eating I came up with an idea. "Hey how about we all go around the table and say something we're grateful for and say a little about ourselves since we have some new guests here."

Pony raised his hand. "Ooooo ooooo me me let me go first!" 

I chuckled. "Okay go ahead."

"Okay, I am grateful for all of you and books. I am also grateful for movies being a thing. Okay my whole name is Ponyboy Micheal Curtis, I'm 14. I like watching movies and reading. I also like to eat food, thank you." He said getting up and bowing. I love his energy so much. We all clapped for him and next was Johnny.

"Well I'm grateful to spend this holiday with the people I truly love. Um my name is Johnny, I'm 16 and I like to draw, watch movies, take walks, and take pictures." He said smiling. We all clapped for him and next was Emma.

"Okay I am grateful to meet all of you wonderful people. I am also grateful for my amazing boyfriend. Well my full name is Emma grace Thomas. I am 18 years old and I like to eat ice cream, tell jokes, sing, and swim." She smiled as we all clapped. Next was Twobit.

"Okay I am grateful that of course I'm here with all of you. I am grateful for Emma and I am blessed with the amazing fucking cake Darry makes. As most of you know my real name is Keith, but never call me that, just call me Twobit. Rose over there is my cousin, I am literally the funniest person to ever exists and y'all can't deny it. I like pulling pranks on people and drinking beer, and thats it, back to this good ass food." We all laughed and clapped for Twobit. That really is my fucked up cousin. Next is Steve.

"I am grateful for all of you and my hot ass girlfriend. If you didn't know my name is Steve. I am 17 years old and I am IN LOVE with chocolate cake. I love working on cars and I like to do backflips." We all clapped for him and now its Ava's turn.

"Um I'm grateful for my family and all of you that I hope to get to know, and I am grateful for my crazy boyfriend. My name is Ava Jackson, I'm 17 and I like to bake, and sew clothes." We all clapped and next up was Darry. He said he said what he needed to say in his prayer, so we just went to Soda.

"Okay I am grateful for all of you and my brilliant girlfriend, and I can't leave out my best friend. My name is Sodapop, but just call me Soda. I am 18 and I like cotton candy and pancakes. I love working on cars and going to drag races." We all clapped and next was Mia.

"I am grateful for all of you and my family. I am also grateful for everything I have including my boyfriend Soda. My name is Mia Fowler, I'm 18 and I like to paint and draw. I like to watch movies and also take pictures." We all clapped and next up was me. 

I put my fork down and cleared my throat. "I am grateful for everyone here and my mom. I am also grateful for the love of my life Dally." I looked at him to see him smiling at me. "My name is Rose Mathews, I'm 18 years old and I like to watch movies, sing, listen to music, explore, and hanging out with everyone." Everyone clapped for me and last, but not least is Dally.

I put my full attention on him. "I'm grateful for my true family here. I am grateful you guys have cared for me over the years. I am grateful to have met the love of my life Rose. Um my name is Dally, I'm 18 and I like to walk around town, but lately I have been spending a lot of time with Rose. I like to watch movies and going to the park. I also like swimming, the end." I laughed at the last part he said and we all clapped for him.

He bent down and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed a little and everyone went back to talking to each other.

"Hey do you remember when I told that really funny joke at the Dingo and Rose laughed so hard milk came out of her nose?" The guys started laughed.

"It was a lot too. Like a whole water fountain of it." Soda said being dramatic.

I scoffed. "It wasn't that bad, Soda you're so dramatic man, It was a little."

"I don't think people can have a fountain of milk come out of their nose." Mia said hitting Soda on the shoulder laughing.

"Thank you, finally I have some girls to stick up for me!" I smiled.

Dally gasped. "Hey hey I stick up for you."

I sighed. "With the exception of you Dally, and Pony, and Johnny and Darry. The rest of you just do too much." I said sipping my coke.

(Next chapter is about what happens after the Thanksgiving dinner.)