No, I'm not okay -W.M

Start from the beginning

But most importantly, she never thought she will be on the 'sex offenders list'. Even if it was the temporary one, it was still damaging her career and most probably, her future too. 

When she was done, she picked up her box and kept her head downcasted while getting out of the school. 

She heard students yelling and shouting for her to stay for a bit so they could talk. Some shouted their admiration for her or wished her strength throughout this investigation.

Emma just kept her head down and kept on walking to the car.

She feels ashamed of the situation she's got herself into. She feels hurt that someone took her want and devotion to helping teenagers learn something in this goddamn world as her sleeping with minors. 

She doesn't dare make eye contact with any of the students that are watching her from the windows. She feels like she has failed them. 

And that's something she won't ever forget or forgive herself for.

Emma opens the backseat door of her car and carefully puts the box down before wiping the lone tear on her cheek. She quickly closes the door and gets into the driver's seat to get away from this school. 

She's not allowed to come close to it in the upcoming future.

And that, for someone who loves teaching as much as she does, it's heartbreaking.

When Emma gets home, she stores the box with her school stuff in the attic knowing that if she were to see it while this whole fiasco is happening, it will make her feel even worse. Especially since it consists of stuff her students did for her. Such as handmade cards, bracelets, or notes for 'the greatest teacher in history'.

She's left to cry in the comfort of her own home.

By the late afternoon, a couple of police officers are back at her home to take her statements once again, and to give her her phone. They were not done searching her laptop yet.

They might have given her the phone back, but she knew it was bugged already. In case she was to contact one of her students or someone minor, they will be at her door bringing her to the police station. 

What she didn't expect was for the case to make it to the news. 

She knew she was even more fucked as soon as opened her tv and she saw the same officer from earlier at school talking with the news people and telling them there was currently an investigation going to see if she was innocent or not.

This was officially the worst day of her life. 

When she heard keys turning the lock she instantly perked up hoping her girlfriend will be there to offer a shoulder to cry on while reassuring Emma that things will be okay.

Emma is innocent and it's a matter of time before everyone finds that out.

"Hi." Emma says and sits up from her lying position on the couch. 

When she met the brown eyes of her girlfriend, she knew something was up. That made her get up from the bed.

"We have to talk." Jo says. 

"Oh, okay." Emma responds and waits for her girlfriend to say what she wants to say.

"I want to break up with you." Jo says with a final tone in her voice.

Another punch to her heart.

"What?" She can't help but feel confused as to where this was coming from.

They were strong. They talked about moving in together and possibly starting a family.

"I can't be associated with you." Jo turned her head to avoid looking at her now ex-girlfriend.