The fake date -E.O

Começar do início

"Biorę ślub!" Her mother exclaimed happily. (I'm getting married!)

"What?!" Emma forgot for a moment to reply to her mother in polish. 

She asked so loud that it made everyone in the room stop what they were doing to look at her and see what is happening.

"Co masz na myśli mówiąc, że wychodzisz za mąż?! Kiedy to się stało?" Emma started a bunch of questions, she was very much confused by her mother's news. (What do you mean you're getting married?! When did this happen?)

"Dokładnie to, co powiedziałem. Biorę ślub. Michael oświadczył się kilka miesięcy temu i przez cały ten czas przygotowywaliśmy się do ślubu. Stanie się to tydzień po tym, który nadchodzi." Her mother started explaining. (Exactly what I said. I'm getting married. Michael proposed a few months ago and we've been preparing for the wedding this whole time. It will happen the week after the one that is coming.)

"Co? Dlaczego przez cały ten czas nic nie powiedziałeś?" Emma asked confused once again. (What? Why didn't you say anything this whole time?)

"Ponieważ byłeś zajęty swoją pracą i nie chcieliśmy zwiększać presji ani tego typu rzeczy. Pracowałeś dla tej wielkiej promocji, więc zatrzymaliśmy to dla siebie. Wiem też, że odpuściłabyś wszystko i postarała się pomóc nam w organizacji wesela iw ogóle." Her mother explained and Emma nodded agreeing with her, despite the other woman not seeing her. (Because you've been busy with your job and we didn't want to add more pressure or things like that. You were working for that big promotion so we just kept it to ourself. I also know that you would've let everything go and try to help us with organizing the wedding and everything.)

Emma would've dropped everything to go and help them with their wedding. 

"W ten sposób wystarczy, że poświęcisz kilka dni na pracę i przyjedziesz do nas. Chciałbym też, gdybyś była jedną z moich druhen i tą, która poprowadzi mnie do ołtarza." Her mother was suddenly nervous. (This way, you only need to take a few days from your work and come and join us. I would also love if you were to be one of my bridesmaids and the one to walk me down the aisle.)

"Oczywiście mamo. Bardzo chciałabym. Podaj mi dokładną datę i kolory ślubu, żebym mogła pojechać i kupić do niego garnitur." Emma replied with the biggest smile on her face. (Of course, mother. I would love to. Tell me the exact date and the wedding colors so I could go and buy a suit for it.)

"OK, wyślę Ci zaproszenie na ślub ze wszystkimi instrukcjami. Poza tym, czy przyprowadziłbyś kogoś? Ponieważ Michael ma przyjaciółkę, której córka jest w tym samym wieku co ty i ona też interesuje się dziewczynami. Możesz stworzyć świetną parę. Ona też przyjeżdża na ślub i kto wie? Może się poznacie." And her mother started setting her daughter up with other women, once again. (Okay, I will send you the wedding invitation with all of the instructions. Also, would you be bringing anyone? Because Michael has a friend whose daughter is the same age as you and she is also interested in girls. You could make a great pair. She's also coming to the wedding and who knows? Maybe you will get to know each other.)

That is one of the reasons why Emma chose to move out from her mother. Emma's love life, or lack of it, was not acceptable to her mother so at any chance, she would try and set Emma up with any woman she found. 

"Mamo, nie znowu. Jeśli przyjdę sam, to mój wybór. Proszę to uszanować." She groaned and covered her face with her hand. This got the attention of everyone once again. (Mom, not again. If I do come alone that's my choice. Please respect it.)

They left her be figuring she will tell them what is happening. But now, they are back to being concerned for her. 

"Ok dobrze. Ale to twoja strata. Powiadom mnie, jeśli coś się zmieni. Muszę już iść, Michael i ja idziemy na randkę." Her mother agreed but Emma knew this was not the end of it. She will be back to try and meddle in her love life in no time. (Okay, fine. But it's your loss. Please do notify me if things change. I have to go now, Michael and I are going on a date.)