Chapter 27: Growl

When it was finally my turn to get healed, I surprised Janina, who wanted to check my condition, and myself by growling at her in a warning.

"Wow, nice fangs, these weren't in the report, but if you want me to look at you, stop snarling at me and hide those claws!" Janina told me, calm.

On the contrary, I was bewildered. What claws? Unaware of what claws she was talking about because if I had claws, I would know about it, I looked at my hands. There, on all my ten fingers, I had two centimeters long claws now instead of nails. I stared at them in shock, and probably for a long time because Janina began to worry about me.

"Are you okay, Korra?" she asked me, keeping a sufficient distance.

I looked away from my hands and looked at her, "I don't know, I ..."

The unusual feeling I had when I spoke stopped me. Carefully running my tongue over my teeth, I discovered another change in my body, fangs.

I had real fangs now.

Don't get me wrong, my teeth changed during the experiments. My canines on my upper jaw grew, the first premolars more resembled canines in shape after the change, the second premolars were sharper, first molars gained the shape of premolars.

Anyway, the number of my teeth had not changed, only their shape and, therefore their function. So, when Janina mentioned fangs, I thought she meant my longer canines, but I was wrong.

The canines I was now circling with my tongue were much bigger, not large enough that they would stick out of my mouth when I closed it, but both the upper and lower canines were considerably longer than they used to be. Surprisingly, I didn't hurt my tongue or the inside of my mouth even though they were sharp, just like all the other teeth in my mouth.

It was just weird to talk with them in my mouths.

Pondering what Denholm had done to me, what changes his roar caused to my body, I looked pleadingly at Janina.

"What?" she asked me, confused, unaware of what I wanted from her.

I didn't know it either, I just wanted to... "Help. I don't know what happened to me!"

"Oh, that's weird," Janina wondered, thinking for a moment before she asked me, "Is this your first time something like this has happened to you?"

I hesitated, unsure of what I should say to her, but when I realized she had mentioned the report, probably about me, I could assume she knew what I went through, which led me to another question: Why did she ask me my name. If she read the report about me, she must have known it.

Anyway, it didn't matter.

What mattered was that she knew about the experiments, and she was a healer, so I didn't have to be afraid to talk to her about it.

"All the changes I've been through have been slow. It took weeks, sometimes months, before my body stopped changing. This is the first time my body has changed ... so suddenly." I explained to her.

She listened to me carefully and then nodded, "Then it can be a skill, don't you have a new one that could cause it?"

"Skill?" I asked incredulously.

What skill could cause such a change? What skill could have turned me into an even bigger freak and made me act like an animal or as a beast? Oh, [Beast]. I immediately looked at the description of the skill, which, to my surprise, has risen by a few levels tonight.

Beast: lvl 5

Passive I

Humans can say what they want, but there is a bit of a beast in each of them. Yet, there is more beast in you than is typical of humans. Why not accept it and admit that you are stronger than a purebred human because of it? Strength and constitution increased by 55%(50%)