Grateful to you

Noone's POV

The boy sat under the wisteria, letting out the burden that weighted his heart. His beautiful dark eyes glistening with tears. Staining his pearly skin. He felt wounded and alone.

All the dreams about his future washed away in a haze. The scene played in his mind again and again.
The ache deepening and resonating in his soul.

"I was too slow to realise what you meant to me and now I pay the price because in this life I don't think I will ever deserve an angel like you"

A broken whisper. An aching truth. If only he had confessed the mistakes of his heart then maybe he would atleast feel light. The pain would have dulled but it would burden the person he loved. So he buried the ache deep within himself. And confined his feelings in the dungeons of his heart.

His phone vibrated, causing him to wake up from his trance. He answered the call.

"Chan hyung where are you? I have an important matter to discuss with you."

It was the same honey voice that made him rise higher than the skies and inevitably fall into the depths of despair.

"Are you trying to lure me in to hearing a rant about how much your crush is perfect. Because if it is I need payment."

Chan's voice was whiny it really didn't seem to belong to a boy who felt like he was breaking down. He had placed his mask on his emotions. So consumed by his aching heart that he didn't hear a muffled yell stating the truth.

"Are you with Jisung?"

He knew yet he asked hoping against hope that Minho was alone. But deep inside he knew before he heard his heart crack.

"Yes hyung."

Weird how a single word could cause more pain than the deadliest of wounds. The dreadful ache was renewed. His breath hitched. He was hoping his bestfriend, his first crush, his first and last love to notice it. To ask what happened but all he heard were rants of how Chan didn't hangout anymore.

He needed time to heal. And so he had been staying away from Minho. It hurt it surely did but he couldn't place the burden of emotions on him.

It's been days maybe even weeks. Chan had isolated himself from everyone working for his dream. It was a ruse he used, to forget the most essential part of his life. Sometimes it was inevitable when they had a period together or were in same group projects. It hurt to watch the painful look in Minho's eyes. How hurt Minho sounded when he refused to hangout. But he needed to get over his overwhelming feelings he got whenever Minho went out of his way to help Chan. Chan's feelings kept growing to the point that he was holed up in his room making music.

Chan's room
Chan's POV

It was better this way. If I stayed with him. I would only end up hurting him and myself. But the thought about confessing still glowed in the back of my mind. A part of me was still hopeful. A part of me still hoped he would return my feelings. But all of it was just wistful thinking.

I waked from my thoughts by the sound of someone pounding on my door.

As soon as I opened it Minho barged in. His usually warm almond eyes now had a frosty glare.

The guilt built up like an overflowing river. His eyes switched to a soft yet excruciating painful look as he took in my look.

It was unbearable how his soft gazed traced me. Making me self conscious.

"Am I not good enough?"

The question snapped my heart. How could he think he was not enough. He read the question in my eyes. A wistful smile on his face.