Jilly Bean (Jill Valentine)

1996

You had been working in Racoon City for almost 4 years now. Lived here for 8. You knew these streets like the back of your hand. You were 22 and now had your own agency. Being a P.I. had it's benefits, but also a lot of downfalls. Work was iffy at times, but you couldn't complain.

You loved your job. You helped people in ways that the police couldn't. You also met a vary of people. Learning secrets that you shouldn't know, hearing things that you shouldn't have. You made sure justice was served to the best of your ability.

That was why Barry Burton was now trying to get you to apply for some special branch of RCPD. Special Tactics And Rescue Service or S.T.A.R.S. Something about your skills being a great addition to the team. You both knew each other since you had worked alongside the RCPD in many cases. You were actually pretty close to many of the officers here.

You had just gone to a BBQ that Chris had thrown last week. You brought burger patties. It was nice.

Barry: You will have a massive pay raise and steady work. A kid your age could use it. Maybe get a nice place and meet a nice gal who isn't trying to catch her husband with his mistress.

Y/N: I'm sure. But I'm 22, Barry. I got time.

Barry: I thought the same thing.

He then playfully smacked your shoulder.

Barry: Now look at me.

You both laughed before you took a drink of your beer. It was your day off, not by your choice, so you had decided to join some of the guys from the station. It was some local bar that they frequented, but you liked it. It had a nice atmosphere.

You looked at your bottle before ordering another one. As you did, you heard someone else enter the bar, making Barry smile.

Barry: Hey, there's the rookie!

The others began to cheer and greet this unseen person before they took a seat next to Barry.

Bartender: What can I get you?

???: Whatever that guy is drinking.

The bartender looked at you making you lift your head. He nodded and grabbed two more beers, opening them both and handing you one while handing the new person the other.

Barry: Rookie, let me introduce you to the thorn in Chief Irons' side, Y/N Locke. He works "independently".

You rolled your eyes, only for Barry to lean back and reveal who was behind him. You were immediately speechless.

Barry: And this is our newest rookie, Jill Valentine.

The woman, Jill, smiled and reached her hand across Barry.

Jill: Nice to meet the man I've heard so much about.

You snapped out of your trance and quickly shook her hand with a smile

Y/N: All good things, I hope.