Just A Thank You (Cassandra Cain)

Because she deserves the loving!
-lexi<3
---------------
You stared out the window of your classroom, lost in thought. You had been like this for a few weeks now. It was a bit concerning to the teachers, but they also knew that you had gone through some serious stuff recently.

Therapy was more or less offered to you by the headmaster, but you turned it down. You weren't really traumatized by what happened. You were just fine, actually.

So why were you staring out the window? Well, it all started when you were taken hostage by Two-Face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two-Face: Nobody moves, nobody dies!

Two-Face and his men moved around the bank that you just so happened to be in. You were here to make a deposit after getting to last check from work. You decided to quit after your manager refused to listen to your complaints about faulty equipment.

What a day to pick to go to the bank, right?

Then again, it was Gotham. It was always a gamble. Was it a life you enjoyed? No. Fuck no.

Two-Face watched as his men got the money from the tellers. Some others were robbing the hostages outright. You did your best to try and hide behind a desk, but they could still see you.

They didn't seem to really bother you, however.

It wasn't long before GCPD showed up and surrounded the building. They asked Dent to release you all, but he refused. That's when she showed up. You angel in black.

Batgirl entered through the roof windows and immediately began to fight the bank robbers. She moved quickly, swiftly, like a dancer. You found yourself unable to look away as she fought through the armed men.

Though, you were pulled away, literally, when Two-Face grabbed you and placed a gun against your head.

Two-Face: Another move and the twerp dies.

He held you in place which made Batgirl stop. You looked at her in worry. Not for yourself, but for her. You figured she would have to do something crazy to save you, and you weren't really ready to give her that burden.

So you lifted your leg up as high as you could, and swung back. Your heel slammed right into Two-Face's crotch which made him drop to his knees. You them leaped out of the way so that Batgirl could finish him off.

However, when you leaped, you sent yourself through a desk which knocked the air out of you.

The GCPD stormed inside and Batgirl checked you over.

Batgirl: You okay?

You tried to say something, but your breath was caught. You couldn't talk. She seemed to panic.

Batgirl: Medical help! Here, please!

She stepped away from you so that the first responders could take care of you. But you were just fine. You just didn't have air.

Before you could get it back, she was gone.
~~~~~~~~~~~
That's why you often found yourself daydreaming these days. Not because of some PTSD, but because you were trying to figure out how to thank her.

She did save your life, after all.

While you thought of ways to somehow thank the Batgirl, a classmate of yours watched you from across the room.
---------------
School finally came to an end and you were packing up for the day. You planned on heading straight home to get started on your plan.