Chapter 32

Jack stood in front of the door for about five minutes before he had the courage to raise a fist and knock.

It's not as if he was nervous getting called into the Captain's office. Not anymore nervous than any other cop would be getting called into an impromptu meeting with their Captain. But the last time Jack was in her office, his K9 was put on a temporary leave of absence.

Regardless, he found himself staring at the white wood facade of the door when he knocked.

"Come in." The Captain's voice seemed cheerier than usual. Always a good sign.

Jack blew out a breath before opening the door. He stepped into the room, "you wanted to see me Captain?"

"Ah yes. Jack, have a seat."

Jack took the nearest chair to the door and sat down. "What's this about?"

Captain Sunbury let out a relieved sigh. She folded her arms across the desk, hands clasped, as she stared ahead. "It's about Easton."

Jack narrowed his eyes in confusion. "What about Easton?"

"I thought about my decision to let K9 Easton go from the force and came to a final conclusion."

"Which is...?"

"He can come back to work."

Jack's eyes widened. "Seriously?" He stood up from his seat. "That's great."

"Effective immediately." The Captain said before turning her attention back to the computer screen in front of her. "Now get out of my office."

Jack nodded and stood. As he got to the door he heard his captain speak up again.

"Will I be seeing you at the ball tomorrow night?"

Jack turned and faced her. "Wouldn't miss it."

"See you then."

With that Jack walked out of the office and closed the door behind him. To say he was happy to have his K9 partner back was an understatement. He was beyond words what he felt.

A/N: IMPORTANT: I'm slowly starting to edit this whole story so just so you know if you see a thin blue heart 💙 next to a chapter number, it has been edited.