S3.5 E6: The Charlotte

General POV

Thomas's cowcatcher pushed snow to the side as he steamed through the tundra following a geographical model made by Ben's hacker Riley who was in his cab.

Thomas: "Riley, are you sure that this is correct?" he asked, "I've already gone farther from the ocean than any non-kansen ship reasonably should be."

Riley: "Oh shut up." he said, "Burt feeling concerned is probably a good thng because I broke a shoe lace this morning."

Thomas looked confused as he momentarily looked back, as if feeling his gaze Riley elaborated.

Riley: "It's a bad omen." he said.

Thomas groaned and hopped on his radio.

Thomas: "Trigger, you got anything over there?" he asked.

Trigger: "Nothing, no signs of a ship anywhere." she said.

Alex: "It has to be somewhere here. Keep looking." he said.

Thomas rolled his eyes and continued to push forward into the snow, behind him were 2 tractor-like vehicles used to traverse through the snowy conditions.

Meanwhile, at the area Riley's model had predicted the ship to be located, Trigger and Alex were using metal detectors to try and find the limited amounts of metal that could be found on a sail ship.

Trigger: "Damn!" she cursed, "It's damn cold!"

Alex: "That's why you should've grabbed that fur coat at the docks." he said.

Trigger: "I thought we would've found the damn thing by now!" she retorted.

The duo finally heard a familiar rhythmic puffing noise as Thomas broke through a bank of snow followed by the tractor-like snow vehicles. The Americanized E2 pulled up next to Trigger's F-22 and Alex's P-47 and shivered heavily.

Goon 3: "Why're we stopping? We're supposed to be looking for a ship." he said.

Thomas: "God! It's freezing!" he shivered.

Alex: "Hang in there buddy." he said, "We should be quicker now that you guys are here."

Goon 1: "This don't look like a place for no ship." he said as he stepped out of his tractor.

Ben: "She's out there. Grab your tools." he orders as he steps out.

Soon enough everyone was searching for the Charlotte.....except Thomas, why? Because his skin registers as metal so they could entirely miss Charlotte if he were searching. But Thomas would be allowed to move around outside of a set grid until they were done, and when they were finished searching an entire section the grid shrank. Anyways one of the goons turns to Riley frustrated.

Goon 2: "Look, this is a waste of time, how would a ship even wind up here without a kansen?" he asked incredulously.

Riley: "Well, I'm no expert but it could be that the hydrothermic properties of this region produce hurricane force winds that cause the ocean to freeze, and then melt, and then refreeze resulting in a semi-solid, migrating land mass that would theoretically land a ship around here." he said before continuing his search.

Meanwhile Ben's metal detector actually found something, he grabbed a pickaxe and started clawing away at the ice and snow before hitting something metallic, he cleared the snow around it and saw that it was some kind of metal plate, he grabbed his water before sprinkling a bit of it onto the plate.