Prologue: Before the incident

General POV

July 4, 2028

In Newport News, Virginia a new battleship was ready to touch the water for the first time, behind him were a bunch of modern ships including; the new Enterprise or Enty as she is known, the USS Yorktown CG-48, USS Bunker Hill CG-52, USS Nimitz, and USS Arleigh Burke.

Enty: Oooh, I can't wait to meet her!

Yorktown: *chuckles* Calm down kid, they're doing the birthing ceremony now.

Nimitz: Shh, it's starting.

POTUS then walked onto the ship, now floating in the harbor, with 2 blue cubes ready to bring life to the new ship.

POTUS: I name thee, USS Montana, and I will feel sorry for anyone who has to go up against him.

After smashing the cube against his superstructure he skidaddled out of there before a bright blue flash filled the harbor, and in the super battleship's place was a new kansen, a heterochromic male with raven black hair and in a Navy Uniform. The new kansen's rigging was also very different, borrowing details from German, Japanese, and some British design.

Montana: *salute* USS Montana ready for service SIR!

POTUS: Good man, now go meet your colleagues, we'll be cleaning up over here.

Montana: *drops salute* Yes sir.

The new kansen then sailed to the ships behind him who were worried the new kid was gonna be cocky, very confident, childish, literally anything bad, but when he got there.

Montana: Hi, I'm Montana, I look forward to working with all of you.

He was actually mature and humble, so they calmed down a little before they introduced themselves.

Enty: Oh, um, hi Montana I'm USS Enterprise but my friends call me Enty.

Yorktown: Hey there kid, I'm USS Yorktown CG-48 nice to meet you.

Bunker Hill: Sup, I'm USS Bunker Hill CG-52.

Arleigh Burke: I'm USS Arleigh Burke DDG-51, never change your attitude kid.

Nimitz: I'm USS Nimitz, we're probably gonna be a trike group together so let's get along shall we?

Montana: We shall, it's an honor to meet you all.

Enty: Honor's all ours, now let's get back to our stations.

Over the next few days Montana was put through his operational paces as the navy tested out his capabilities proving himself to be a very capable ship without many real defects, he also proved himself to work harder than anyone else in Norfolk, Virginia after his shakedown cruise, and a bunch of publicity, Montana was cleared for his first mission.

Navy Admiral: Alright, here's your mission *projector screen turns on* North Korea, Russia, and China have all declared war with UN, so Montana, you and Nimitz's strike group shall join USS George Washington and her strike group to start blockading the North Koreans, as an added bonus Montana is cleared to raid any and all cargo ship heading for North Korea so we have given him the 'Black Flag' and is to operate in situations where a cargo ship doesn't heed to our warnings.

Nimitz: Question sir, what if China decides to intervene?

Navy Admiral: You are all cleared to engage the Chinese, I honestly doubt they can fight Montana. Alright you have your mission, go kick some ass.