S3.5 E5: Enter Ben Gates

General POV

Thomas yawned as he slowly woke up for the day at around 4:00 am. The day earlier he had been tasked with pulling Alex and Trigger as a private engine but only when he wasn't needed in which case Tracy would take over for him.

As he woke up he noticed the firelighters working on his colleagues and girlfriend who slowly woke up for the day, but then one of the yardmasters walked up to him.

Yardmaster: Ah, Thomas! Just in time, your coaches are ready, and Trigger just called, apparently your VIP's up and he needs some help with something.

Thomas: Righto.

Thomas slowly let off steam as he puffed out of the sheds, he went onto the turntable and out into the yards where he navigated the points towards the junction where he acknowledging control.

Thomas: Control, this is NWR 1, requesting permission to depart down the mainline to island 2 to pick up my VIP.

Control: NWR 1, you are clear for departure proceed onto mainline track 4, be advised NWR 3 has had a small run-in with a deer on track 2 whilst pulling Kipper 1.

Thomas: Roger that.

The signal turned green, Thomas blew his whistle twice before slowly accelerating out of the yard and onto the mainline.

Meanwhile

Trigger had woken up at about 3:00 am to Alex searching through the bookshelves in her room to look for transdimensional machinery.

Trigger: Alex?

Alex: Morning Trigger. I just need some of these-

Trigger: I'm stopping ya right there, what the fuck are you doing in my room?

Alex: I'm trying to research ways to get myself home.

Trigger: *groans* Why didn't you wait for me to wake up? *yawn* I'll call Thomas, we can take him to Island 1, there's a big library full of non-fiction books there, most of the stuff here are fiction titles.

Alex: Oh......

Trigger slowly groaned out of bed before grabbing a radio to inform a Yardmaster that they needed Thomas to take them somewhere.

Timeskip 30 minutes

About 30 minutes later Trigger and Alex were at a station platform when Thomas's whistle sounded off, they looked to see the little blue tank engine slowly pull up to the station.

Thomas: Sorry I'm a little late.

Trigger: It's fine, but someone thinks he's onto something.

Alex: Yup! No time to waste! *jumps into a Thomas's cab*

Thomas: *as Trigger gets on the train* What's his deal?

Trigger: *leaning out the cab* No idea, but hey if it gets rid of him sooner I'm all for it.

Once the two were on board and Trigger closed the door Thomas blew his whistle and left down the line towards Island 1.

On the way Alex stuck his head out the Cab window letting the early morning breeze hit him as they steamed towards the 1st island at 40 mph.

Alex: This is relaxing.

Trigger: Yeah, it is refreshing but I would suggest you bring your head in.

Alex: Hm?

Alex opened his eyes confused to see a signal that was about to take his head off his shoulders.