Chapter 33: Dinner

TW: Swearing

________________________________

George POV:

Both of us exit my room and start to make our way downstairs. Slowly, I close the door behind me and stop, still trying to figure out what he could be mad at Dream about.

Dream hasn't done anything to piss off me as of late and I know he doesn't like Dream that much, but that doesn't explain earlier.

The next thing I know I hear Lukas call my name from the top of the stairs, I got lost in my thoughts and I'm still standing at my door. I snap back to reality.

"Coming" I reply and rush to the stairs. The two of us finally head down and walk into the dining room. There we see a beautiful dinner set out on the table for everyone to enjoy.

On the other side of the table, I see my mom standing beside John and Mya sitting in her chair waiting for us, so we can finally eat.

"George, This is John." my mom says introducing me to him.

"Nice to meet you," I say walking up to him and extending my hand out for a handshake.

"You too, your mom has told me quite a lot of things about you."He says grabbing my hand and shaking it.

"Good things I hope" I reply. He smiles and goes to sit down in the chair behind me. Then, I go up to my mom and pull Lukas forward with me.

I begin to feel my heart beat faster and faster the more I think about what I have to deal with. I force it blank, so I can say what I have to say.

"Mom," I take a deep breath putting on a smile so it seems like nothing is wrong and that everything is going to be fine.

"This is my boyfriend Lukas," I say with the best pretend smile on my face. Lukas steps up.

"Hi, miss Davidson, it's nice to meet you," he says politely.

"It's nice to meet you too Lukas, however, there's no need to be formal. Call me Linda." My mom says smiling in my direction.

"Okay, and dinner looks nice by the way." He says turning and going to sit across from John. As I'm about to turn away my mom subtly grabs my arm.

"He's very polite, I like him," she says with a smile.

Well don't like him too much he's not going to be here for long, I think to myself.

"Okay, mom" I reply trying not to cringe.

As I'm walking to my spot beside Lukas, my brain starts to think back to the night of the party. More specifically to my conversation with Dream.

He gets beat up by who the fuck knows and then gets ghosted by me.

I only wish I knew who beat him up because then, maybe I'll send them straight to hell.

My brain made the connection instantly.

Dream said he'd get beat up if he ever talked to me again.

I got a text from Dream.

Lukas saw and was pissed.

Don't fucking tell that he-. Oh, I'm about to lose my shit.

Though I can't I'm at the fucking dinner table with my mom's new boyfriend and this asshole, I just need to keep calm for the next hour and a half and I'll be fine.

I sit down in my chair taking a deep breath after the most horrible realization ever.

Only 10 minutes pass and I'm as quiet as a mouse because if I say anything I might just explode and, I don't want to ruin this for my mom. So, there I sit picking at my food with a fork while everyone else is talking.