Chapter 10: Last straw

TWs: Swearing, fighting

_____________________________________

George POV: (Dream's house)

I walked into his house and it was empty, Drista wasn't even there. It was very quiet and was kind of eerie. She was at one of her friend's houses.

So, it was just me and Dream, we went up to his room and got to work immediately. We were talking so casually as if the awkwardness of last time didn't happen. I didn't want to mention it right away because we need to do our work, so I decided to wait.

We were talking about the rest of our day and other things teenagers talk about when we got to go get a snack like we did last time. We got our chips and went back to his room right away.

I figured that it was a good time to bring it up now because I was getting a little impatient. My questions were aching to be replied to.

I tried to bring it up, but it was instantly shot down. He changed the subject without a second thought.

I asked again a little later, but the same thing kept on happening. In the end, I just decided to leave it be and ask again when we meet up again.

We were still chatting like we were before. The only thing was that I was a little tense, I am bothered by the fact that he ignored me.

Whatever, I can't do anything about it.

We were there doing our project for another hour or so casually talking to one another while writing our answers to the questions.

The darkness of the night sky shone through the windows telling that it's getting late and should probably be getting home.

Dream drove me back to my house at about 9:00. We got a lot finished, but we still had a week and a few days till we had to be finished. I walked inside my house and looked outside the window to see Dream typing something on his phone.

When he pulled out of the driveway my sister came up behind me.

"So, you're finally back"

"Yeah"

"What were you doing, Mhhhmm"

"I was working on a project"

"With who?"

"None of your business"

She gave me a pouty look

"Were you out with your boyfriend again, tsk tsk"

"He's not my boyfriend"

"But, you admit it's a boy"

I groaned and walked past her to get to my room.

I put everything I'd brought with me back into its place in my room. My phone was sitting on my nightstand while I lay on my bed pondering.

A sound came from my phone, it was my mom. It was just her telling me she'd be home soon like usual. But, I noticed a different notification that was sent 10 minutes ago.

It was from Dream.

Dream

Good night George

I had fun tonight

:)

Me too

Good night

I smiled at the text, I hope we can be friends again. I miss all the times we had before everything went to shit. For that to happen I would like some answers first and I don't know if I will get them.