The Original Vampire: Part 1

Start from the beginning

Lilith gave her son the attention he had asked for. Exactly like the deadly sins after transforming, her irises were long, cat-like slivers. The once soft-but-mysterious brown eyes were cold.

No...describing Lilith's eyes as just 'cold' wasn't enough. They were icy. They were lethal. They were strict and required everyone's undivided attention...or face repercussions. The pressure she gave off was heavy, much, much, worse than Abaddon's, or any other alpha Teru had ever encountered.

"Kneel."

That one word uttered from her red lips was not their mother. This was Lilith, the first human to be cursed by the heavens.

The original vampire.

Envy dropped to his knees and hands, head bowing.

Teru involuntarily did the same, copying Envy.

Huh? Why am I...?

His fingers gripped the dead grass, embarrassed to have also kneeled when the command wasn't even for him. Lilith hadn't used her authoritative alpha pheromones, yet the word itself compelled Teru's inner omega to obey, to please the ultimate alpha that was unmatched.

Get up. Get up, Teru urged his omega. Kieran grabbed Teru's shoulders and hoisted him to stand. Much to his surprise, Kieran was shaking. Though he seemed calm, he was anything but.

Terror-struck.

Troubled.

Paralyzed.

Fear.

These intense emotions couldn't be hidden between them anymore. Their internal connection wouldn't allow it.

"Stop," he growled, releasing musky pheromones to let it be known to Lilith that this was crossing the line. She did not pay any attention to him. She solely focused on her other son yielding at her feet, not apologizing for affecting Kieran's mate.

Kieran took his hand and tried to rush him inside of Blaise's car.

"Pride," Lilith's tongue snapped at the name. "Stay."

Kieran paused. Teru had no choice, as well, with his omega thinking it had to listen. Kneel. Stay. What next? Teru hoped she wouldn't demand more. They couldn't move.

"You are all aware," Lilith stated, "of my origins. I was cast out of the Garden for not wanting to obey my partner, Adam, the first man the heavens created. You are all aware that I was made equal to him, unlike Eve, who was formed from his rib after I left. And, you are also aware that I found the inequality to be unfair. In the end, the man I loved commanded me with his pheromones to leave and repent. My immortal curse would supposedly give me plenty of time to reflect on that."

Dr. Charles's eyebrows furrowed. "Pheromones? Adam was a dominant alpha like you?"

Lilith responded with a single, "No."

It was quiet, allowing them to come to their own conclusions. Teru didn't get the open-ended answer.

"Then," the doctor began slowly while thinking, "Adam was a...dominant omega. An average alpha's scent can't force a dominant one."

When Lilith didn't refute it, Charles continued with his theory, "So, your lover betrayed you by forcing you out of Eden for not obeying him willingly. And you've been-"

"-I've been eliminating dominant omegas as revenge," Lilith interrupted to finish. "Adam's gender is unknown to all except me since I am the only one to remember. You see, dominant omegas are the most dangerous of all secondary genders. They can rise above any powerful alpha. As for why normal omegas weren't born in this generation, that was purely the heaven's control. Perhaps they were protesting what I had done to society, how I had spread my kind to dominate the precious humans. It was a plan years in the making. I did not care what Abaddon did because I thought I had succeeded in my revenge. It took me since the beginning of humanity to kill all of Adam's descendants. I rested in peace, content that they were gone...but my peace was disturbed."