Eight

I lacquered my rose tinted lip gloss along my plump lower lip as I stood in the school bathroom. In the reflection, I could see some younger girls stood in group, sparing short glances to me in between hushed voices. It didn't bother me, as I carried on fixing myself myself in the mirror. Rubbing my lips together, I adjusted my shirt and straightened my skirt, which hung down to my upper thighs. Tilting my head, I checked myself out before packing my lipgloss into my bag.

Flicking my hair over my shoulder, I went to leave as Anna and Tasha walked in. Their conversation died instantly, as they both noticed me in front of them. It was hard to ignore the way Tasha's face fell solemn, while Anna had a plastic smile slapped across her face.

I carried on towards them to leave the bathroom but was stopped when Anna's voice cut through my ears.

'Oh Evelyn! Is it true you and Aaron made a sex tape?' She announced with a small giggle.

I could hear the girls behind me gasp, as they were now eavesdropping into Anna's show she was putting on.

My face remained placid, while my head pieced together the puzzle from what she had said. It was evident that Aaron had filmed us the other day. I knew Anna wanted some kind of reaction from me, but I really couldn't care to give her one.

'Why do you care?' I replied, not masking my disinterest in her gossip.

'I don't!' She replied too quickly, 'The boys were just talking about it at lunch and showed us some of the video but didn't manage to see your face.'

'Right.' I said nodding, 'I mean you could just ask Jude. I'm sure he would know.'

I offered them a small smile, as Anna's face had adopted a scowl, while Tasha looked stunned by my words. It felt like a low blow, but my manners didn't extend to them.

'Excuse me?' Tasha said stood behind Anna.

I crossed my arms over my chest, not bothering to repeat myself. They both heard me clearly so I wasn't going to rub it in.

'Why don't you just keep your legs shut, you slut!' Anna sneered at me, giving me a once over.

I couldn't help myself from laughing a little, as I walked out the bathroom. Their mutters died down as I rounded the corner into the rush of the school corridor.

I started to replay the other day in my head to figure out how Aaron managed to film us in the bathroom. It was a cubicle, which made it uncomfortable to have sex, let alone film. Without me noticing too.

Despite this, I barely felt any emotion about it at all. Worry or anger should be rife inside my veins, but that feeling wasn't there. Instead, I was just numb to it. It was easy to lose count of how much gossip had been said about me and each time it effected me less.

'Oi Evelyn! You alright?' An arm placed itself around me, joining to walk along side me.

I looked up to meet Nathan's green eyes looking down at me, with a playful smile on his face.

'I'm good. What do you want?' I asked him, stopping myself to face him straight on.

He put his hands up in surrender, as he leaned back against the wall he found himself next too. Nathan was grinning down at me in the same way he always did; it was devilishly charming, like him.

'I don't want anything. Just making sure your good?' He said defensively, reiterating his question like he wanted a different answer.

'I'm good.' Affirming what I had said.

He eyed me up and down, skeptical to believe that I was ok. Without needing to ask, it was obvious he knew about the video and probably more than I did.