Six

I managed to make it back home with enough time to sort myself out before the start of school. Myles still insists on picking me up for school and today was no different, although I did keep him and the others waiting a few minutes.

Which lead me up to now: making my way to English, that I happened to share with Myles and Nathan. We had split with Emmanuel and Dylan, leaving us walking to our first lesson.

Nathan was in the middle of us, mindlessly talking with Myles about something I had tune out of completely. I just listened to the faint sounds of their voices and laughs, as they chatted on.

Their relationship resembled a brotherly bond, more than friendly, given that they matched as much as they clashed. Nathan had moved here when we were in primary school and became friends quickly from playing basketball. Through out that time, him and Myles grew up side by side. This meant I became very familiar with Nathan and his relentless flirting.

Nathan turn himself towards, which dragged my attention into their conversation.

'Who do you think is stronger?' He asked me, with a cocky grin across his face.

I couldn't help but release a scoff, as I learnt what they had been debating over.

'Out of you two?' I asked.

'Yeh! Myles won't admit that I'm obviously stronger than him.'

Not that it was obvious but Nathan body was broader and slightly larger than Myles'. To most people it isn't noticeable, however I have seen them topless enough to know Nathan was most likely the strongest.

His overbearing ego helped his argument too.

'Fuck off! What do you mean obvious?' Myles interjected in disbelief at his comment. 'We literally train the same!'

His hands expressing his annoyance, as he scowled petulantly. His eyebrows creased at the bridge while his mouth grimaced at the claim. I tried to hold back a smile at his cute little outburst.

'Shut up! I was talking to Evelyn, not you.' He dismissed him.

'I mean if I had to, I'd say Nathan.' I said apathetically.

Nathan ego instantly expands, unable to contain himself from rubbing it in Myles' face. Pushing it further, he scruffs up Myles' floppy brown hair, transforming it into a cute mess.

'Ha! You hear that, you little bitch.' Nathan chides, nudging Myles' arm to further irritate him.

'Why would Evelyn's opinion matter?' The words fumbling out of his mouth in disbelief.

Myles raised a fair point, which I couldn't even be offended at because it was true. I knew nothing about strength and how you can judge between to fit guys.

As they continued arguing, I spaced out again as we made our way down the corridor. It's hard to ignore the subtle looks from people as we go by. The two reasons I could think of was either judgement towards me or in awe of the captain and co-captain of the precious basketball team.

'Guys, I will see you in class.' Nathan said, not waiting to walk away.

Connecting the dots, I saw a girl wave her hand sheepishly, as Nathan headed to her direction.

I had seen her round and knew her name was Nicole: but that was about it. She was pretty, with deep red hair finishing just below her shoulders. She looked like a shy girl, with a desperate and insecure aspect to her.

Nathan contrasting her, completely at ease, as he leant against the wall next to her, starting up a conversation.

This situation was no surprise to me, as Nathan always had something going on, but just without commitment. Nathan was the perfect heartbreaker, with each girl under the illusion they were special, only to find Nathan was 'just not ready for something serious'.