Wonwoo lets out painful sobs; long, heart-breaking sobs filled with anguish.

I don't dare look up. I can't stand the sight of the fate of Vernon and Momo, let alone the thought of it.

It's scarred me eternally. I'll never be able to forget this sight.

Vernon's death's already too much for me to handle. I keep my eyes closed for a while so that I don't witness Momo's. I already know her fate.

I brace myself and cover my ears as screams from Twice erupt next to me, telling me clearly that the zombies got to feast. But this time, it's Momo.

As if Wonwoo's cries weren't already scarring, Nayeon, Sana and Mina break down in anguish as well.

...

Their cries remind me of the pain. Of when I lost my members.

Losing someone. It's gruelling. It's wounding to the soul.

It makes someone feel like a complete failure, it's like they do whatever they can to blame themselves for the death. And if they don't blame themselves, they blame it on others, but still thinking that, deep inside, it was them.

The thing is, though, it's actually neither of them.

There's really no blame for death. Just like how there's no way to reverse death.

Death comes to everyone someday. One day or another. It's still the same old death.

But it never means that the feeling's not as bad every death. It's the same feeling.

...

The mixed sound of laughter and the shutting of curtains comes from the front of the room.

I open my eyes after the leader finishes closing the curtains. He's stopped laughing, but a huge smile remains on his face.

He turns to us, opens his arms as if he was about to close a performance and says,

"Well then! How was the show? Did you enjoy it?~~~"

I look at him in disgust. How can he relish something so scarring, so horrible, so inhumane with no remorse? It's as if he's just witnessed the best thing of his life, when, in fact, it was the complete opposite.

Silence rings throughout the room.

The man wrinkles his nose in annoyance because of our inability to answer.

"Well?!? Come on! Tell me whether you liked it or not! What's wrong with all of you?!?" He shouts, raising his arms in frustration.

Wonwoo balls up his fists hard, so his knuckles turn pure white.

He takes a sharp breath in.

"What's wrong is- is... ARE YOU CRAZY? DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!? DID YOU HIT YOUR HEAD ON THE WALL OR SOMETHING!!! OF COURSE WE DIDN'T FLIPPING LIKE THE 'SHOW'! WE HATED EVERY SINGLE BIT OF IT! IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU THAT THEY'RE DEAD, AND YOU ACT AS IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE!!!"

The man just smiles.

"Dumb kid. If you don't learn to keep your manners straight, then you'll be the next one to go into the cage. That way, you'll have the same fate as them. Be careful and think before you say." The man says, pointing at Wonwoo.