Part 25 - The Deadly mission

Start from the beginning

Sasuke: "Don't touch her." The last Uchiha growled with rage, emphasizing each word with a silent threat. Kira lowered his gaze for a moment before letting out a chuckle that made him look like a psychopath. 

Kira: "Uchiha huh? Hime, you got another prince to protect you eh?" Hinata unconsciously took a step back at his words. Her aching heart banged against her ribcage rapidly as her breath hitched. Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows at the word he used to mention Hinata. 

Kira: "Uchiha, let me warn you. One day, you will be the victim of that monster." He said slowly and calmly while raising the level of confusion inside the raven's chest. Although he has used a lot of chakara to teleport to Hinata when Kira was about to kill her, he felt his Shringen spinning into Mengekyo Sharaingen as the brown-haired man called Hinata a monster. He doesn't know what the fuck this man is saying but he knows one thing for sure he wants to kill him right here and now.

Hinata: "Kira, no..." Her voice came out small and shaking. Sasuke glanced at the trembling figure of the Hyuuga. He could clearly see terror inside her round eyes but he never sensed how scared Hinata felt inside. As she predicted what Kira going to say next, she felt her body was pulled up from the ground and raised all of a sudden. At the same time, her heart ached as if a large chunk of ice was interested in it. She felt suffocated and speechless. Thousands of images rushed to her like a tsunami wave... Images of her beloved mother's pained face... Images of Kira's tears... Images of two lifeless bodies she has once cherished... 

Kira: "You haven't told him about 'it' have you? You have told him what a terrible monster you are. You haven't told him what you have ins-"

Hinata: "Stop!!" She screamed at last. Unable to contain the tears inside her eyes, those clear droplets rolled down her cheeks. Hinata tried to breathe in oxygen greedily. To say a word when her tongue felt numb and when she felt choked took all of her remaining energy away. She looked into those brown emotionless eyes pleadingly only to be responded by a smirk that scared her soul deeply. 

...Sasuke stood between two people with a blunt face trying to cover up the confusion he felt. He had no idea what the fuck Kira is talking about or what business he had with Hinata but he felt intense rage. Seeing her shedding hot tears and trembling with terror inside those captivating eyes pained her like he just gotten stabbed in the stomach. Every drop her eyes pour out made his fist tighten and wanted to shut that man's mouth yet curiosity got the best of him. He needed to know what reason why Kira attacked them out of blue or why Hinata is desperately trying to shut Kira up. 

Kira: "I don't know who is the real monster here Uchiha. Your or her." Hinata felt oxygen running out from her lunges. As Kira continued speaking the words she didn't want to hear, she felt deadly danger. It took her years... to put 'it' to sleep... to hide its presence... Her back felt like it was on fire... She felt blood and her chakra rushing to the craved pattern on her back... She felt the same agonizing pain... 

Kira: "You think Hinata is so pure huh? Ask her how many innocents' blood she has shed!!" He raised his tone and it successfully made her wince in pain. Her hands found their way to rub her aching back. The amethyst felt the seal is being shaken as seconds passed but Sasuke was unaware of it. Instead, he looked at Hinata's pale with filled with tears. She felt grateful that he didn't look at her with judging eyes but with confusion. If only... If only he looked at her just like the others did... if only he looked at her with disgusted eyes... she won't be able to keep it under control any longer... 

Kira: "She killed her own mother." That's when she felt a sharp pain inside her head. She took a step back. Trying to breathe again. Her palms ran cold. She felt her chakra being sucked. A sign that 'it' is waking up. The pain in her back became worse. She covered up her ears in a hurry preventing herself from hearing further. Her eyes were wide and her lips were quivering as if she has just seen a ghost.