Part 3 - What happened to Hinata?

Hinata: "Neji nii-san?" Hinata approached her cousin who was sweating due to running for a long time.

Neji: "Hinata-sama. Hanabi-sama and the elders are fighting."

Without any words, the girl has already left leaving the three men shocked at her sudden action.

......A young man was laying on his soft comforter staring at his bedroom's ceiling with blank eyes. The tightness in his chest hasn't subsided since he entered the village. Honestly, he didn't know what was he doing in this place. Where his nightmare lies. Naruto brought him back to the village and dragged him out of the darkness, showed him the light, that was one of the reasons why he came back. Is there anything he can do here? The answer is No. Well, aside from reviving the clan. Sasuke doesn't want to marry a woman he doesn't love just for children. He wants to marry someone he loves sincerely which is not going to happen as women from leaf are all annoying to him.

......The images of his parents laying down on the floor where Itachi stood behind them with a sword tainted with blood hunted him repeatedly. Since the Hyuuga heiress, his babysitter ran out of the Hokage's office out of blue, Kakashi dismissed him and now he is back to the Uchiha compound which is too silent. He was too deep in thoughts that he didn't notice the growl from his stomach. Getting out of his bedroom, Sasuke walked into the kitchen lazily after staring at the damage that Chidori caused for a moment.

......Sasuke frowned when he realized that he hasn't bought any groceries as he doesn't have a single yen. He just came back with his traveling suit along with a clock. Even though the heritage from the Uchiha clan will be transferred to him, it would take some time. This afternoon, Naruto treated him at the Ichiraku and he knew that his friend will happily spend all his money if the raven asked to treat him again but Sasuke's being Sasuke. The Uchiha were prideful and Sasuke would starve to death rather than asking for help. A piece of note on the fridge caught his attention when he tried to get a cup of water.

'Please eat the bento inside the fridge if you are hungry Uchiha-san. I don't know what you like to eat but I hope you enjoy it.

Hinata Hyuuga.'

......Sasuke stared at the bento on the table blankly while holding the paper inside his right hand. Making his decision, he unwrapped the box and the aroma of food spread across the room. 3 rice balls were arranged neatly with some sushi rolls, sausages, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes. Sasuke felt his heart being squeezed by looking at the food. How long has it been that he has eaten homemade food? He picked up the chopsticks and said "Itadakimasu." before eating the sausages. Sasuke admits that Hinata was a good cook as the food tasted perfect but of course, he would never say that out loud.

......Another piece of paper was stuck to the cupboard saying 'Please put the dishes in the sink. I will wash them later.' Sasuke stared at the paper for a moment before he left the dishes and decided to wander around the unexplored parts after he had filled his stomach.

......To his surprise, every room, every corner was pristine. He got to give the credit to whoever cleaned this house because he was sure that each room was stained with blood as the massacre take place making the houses look like hunted. Sasuke activated his sharingen as a soft knock on the door was heard. He raised an eyebrow as he saw the Hyuuga girl standing in front of his door. 'What's her problem?' Sasuke rolled his eyes and walked toward the door unwillingly.

...A smile greeted Sasuke along with the soothing lavender scent as he opened the door.

Hinata: "Good evening Uchiha-san. How are you doing? Is there anything you need?" Sasuke saw the darkness taking over as the evening breeze came into his house. Sasuke stared at the girl in front of him who is smiling faintly with his usual blank face. Hinata doesn't know Sasuke much as they have never interacted before so she didn't know how to react around Sasuke. The only thing she knew was he was Naruto's best friend who is powerful that can level the blonde's power easily. He was also known for his look, and his cold attitude when it comes to personality. To be honest, Sasuke was a mystery for Hinata.

Sasuke: "Hn." Hinata blinked at his word. She tilted her head to the right a bit and her slender index finger curled up under her rosy lips while her thumb supported her chin. She was deep in thought and was finding the meaning of 'Hn' in her head quietly as it was new for her. Sasuke observed the reaction which was quite funny to him but being an Uchiha, he surpassed his emotions and stood in the doorway looking at the confused girl.

Hinata: "Ano... Uchiha-san, may I go inside and finish the things that I need to?" She asked politely with a bow. Hinata knew that she can enter the house without his permission as the Hokage ordered her to take care of the house but she thought it would be rude to barge in. Also, she didn't want to get choked and get Chidori like last time. Hinata wanted to laugh at the memory but she decided to control it as she was in front of Sasuke.

Sasuke: "Come." Sasuke took a last glance at her bowing figure before he lets her in. He knew that he is going to see her more often as she was the one who is in charge who will take care of him. The raven can take care of himself but he accepted Kakashi's order with bitterness to make elders believe that he is behaving well like a good boy. Sasuke didn't give a damn about them but he didn't want his clan to be labeled as traitors again. After all, Itachi went through all the troubles just to save this damn village.

......Sasuke wasn't the type to start a conversation and he doesn't want to deal with anyone right now so he decided to take a shower. He glanced at the girl secretly who was washing the dishes while smiling faintly. Sasuke doesn't know how someone is capable of smiling all the time but he shrugged it off as it kind of annoyed him. That smile reminded him of certain someone and he disliked her for bringing those memories. Not to mention, he accidentally called her mother and it was the most embarrassing thing in his lifetime.

......The raven was relieved that she hasn't spread the news about that incident or he will die by being ashamed. 'The sharingen user can't find the difference between A Hyuuga and his mother?' Sasuke felt his eyebrow twitch at what he thought. After realizing that he was overthinking, the raven let the cold water hit his sore muscles as he traveled for a long time. As the water brushed through his hair, he let out a sigh as his nerves started to calm down. Deciding to take his time, Sasuke sunk into the bathtub and closed his eyes. A few minutes later, he got out of the bathroom in a better mood and entered his bedroom to get dressed. His coral black eyes saw a pair of black trousers with a blue t-shirt laying on his bed. With a little doubt, he wore the new clothes that someone bought for him and they fitted his body perfectly. With wide steps, he came downstairs with blank eyes searching for a certain girl.

......Sasuke looked at the figure in front of him without blinking. The girl seems to be shaking a bit and even looking at her from behind, Sasuke knew something was wrong. Before he approached her, the sound of liquid dropping to the ground caught his attention.

The wooden floor was tainted with drops of blood that flew down from Hinata with her two hands on the sink supporting her body. 

==================================

16/04/2022