Part 15 - A glimpse of fragile Hinata

The fortress he took a lot time to build is not almost broken. Just one more push, then the building will be completely broken. If it did, Sasuke is sure that she will be the first one he will cherish...

Hinata: "Let's go shall we? I'm afraid we might miss lunch if we linger here." A cheerful smile on her lips made her more enchanting than she already was. Without waiting for the raven's answer, she has already walked away. If only she turned back for a moment, Hinata would see the smile on Sasuke's thin lips... or if she listens carefully... She might hear the heartbeat of Sasuke which is abnormal. 'You really are something Hyuuga.' Closing his eyes, letting his lips curve into a genuine smile, without surpassing his emotions, Sasuke let happiness invade his heart. 

.

.

.

.........The sound of light steps made the raven alert. Feeling a presence behind his back, Sasuke turned around to see the Hyuuga carrying a tray. The fresh coffee smell and her intoxicating lavender scent mixed and spread through the living room. Letting out a sigh, Sasuke closed his book and got up to help the girl. The raven didn't know what is inside that tray but she is having a hard time carrying it. As he took the thing from her, Hinata smiled faintly at the raven.

Hinata: "Thank you." She said softly while Sasuke responded with a small nod. It wasn't a strange thing for him anymore. In the afternoon, Hinata always makes him a cup of coffee or an afternoon snack. Sasuke also didn't mind because not only does he love coffee, but also it is nice to have a drink while he is reading. He raised an eyebrow as he saw a plate of cookies inside the tray where two cups of coffee were steaming.

Hinata: "I made you some cookies. I didn't add any sugar so it's a bit bitter." She explained after noticing his questioning gaze while Sasuke gave a 'Hn.' Grabbing the coffee mug, Sasuke took a sip and savored the warm liquid before swallowing. Hinata herself also took a sip from the cup and smiled as she tasted the chocolate. She always loved sweet things. Her eyes followed the movement of Sasuke's as the man's long fingers grabbed a piece of cookie she baked. As the man bit the cookie, tasting the flavor to make sure it is not sweet, Hinata's eyes focused on the expression Sasuke made. Although she didn't intend, staring at the raven without blinking made her look like someone who is admiring the beauty that God has blessed him with. Hinata can't deny if someone says that Uchiha Sasuke is like a Greek god statue that is sculpted by the most talented artist. Flawless and perfect.

Sasuke: "Stop staring at me like that Hyuuga." The raven said with a smirk as he caught the girl staring at him. Seeing the girl blush and look away was somehow amusing to him. He wondered if it is the same blush she had around his blonde teammate.

Hinata: "I ju-just wanted to know if the cookies are bad." She shuttered while hiding her blushing face behind the book she was currently. It was embarrassing for her to get caught like this. Hinata is sure her attempt to hide the blush on her cheeks failed when she caught a smirk attached to the raven lips.

Sasuke: "They are okay. I didn't know you could bake?" Yes, it was a strange thing to him to see the princess of the Hyuuga clan being able to cook and bake. In a powerful and respected clan like Hyuuga, Sasuke is sure that it is the branch members who take care of things like this. Being the eldest child of the clan head, Hinata is treated with respect and like a princess. So, it's unusual for her to be able to cook when she doesn't need to do those things.

Hinata: "Ohh, it's one of my hobbies, I got it from my mother." Her amethyst eyes softened and love filled them after remembering the memories she shared with her late mother. Seeing her expression, Sasuke realized that Hinata must love her mother very dearly. Also, he also noticed that he has never seen her mother or heard of her. He wasn't sure if she is still alive or not so it was better to shut up rather than bring up painful memories. Like Hinata who never talked about his parents or meddle in his business, the raven knows to respect other people's privacy.