Part 17 - The walls have broken...

He wasn't sure if it was the great memories that made his heartbeat very fast or

her...

Sasuke: "Hn." He whispered not with his usual cold voice but a soft one. "Let's go." He spoke, turning back after glancing at the figure of the girl that managed to soften a part of him. She made him realize that he is capable of feeling more than just loneliness, brokenness, or sadness. Sasuke waited for the girl to follow him, he started walking in silence after inhaling the intoxicating scent she radiated knowing that she is near. In Sasuke's eyes, everything is dark, gloomy, and lifeless as if he was blind. No colors, no feelings, everything is so dry. 

..........Will he be able to see colors again? Will he be able to feel the beauty in people? Like humans, will he feel able to feel various feelings except for pain and hatred? He doubted but... why is he looking at the colorful flowers right now? Why is he focusing on the cool breeze that blew passed him? Why can his ears hear the sound of water flowing or the birds chipping? Why does the forest look so green, calm, and peaceful?  A bit of color, a bit of warmth., a bit of beauty became visible in his eyes... by the help of a certain Hyuuga.

.

.

.

...........Various kinds of lights illuminated each house in the hidden leaf village as the people wandered from street to street. The giggle of the children running and playing with other kids was one of the beauties that Konohagakure had, along with the numerous food stalls that radiated the delicious aroma of food. A smile was attached to most of the people who were enjoying their time in this evening with clear weather. Sadly, people forgot the lone moon that is shining in the sky as they were busy with their respective activities. The sounds of talking, chattering and laughing echoed through the busy roads filled with people in the village but not for two young people. 

...........A yellow light bulb lighted the darkroom when the dusk came, the stars has come out along with the alluring moon that looks dazzling in the azure sky. A young man and a woman sat in the dining room. Only the sound of chopsticks making contact with the bowls was heard in the room. The raven ate with his usual stoic expression focusing on the food in front of him while the amethyst chewed the fish slowly with a faint smile on her lips. As both of them were born from respectful clans where there were many strict rules, none of them made a sound while eating. The onyx eye started at his bowl as the girl handed him a slice of tonkatsu [Japanese pork culet]

Hinata: "You need to eat more." Indeed Sasuke didn't eat much, he was used to skipping meals and doing training instead. He would always skip breakfast or dinner, sometimes he didn't even eat for the whole day before the girl came. Because of Hinata, Sasuke couldn't help but eat regularly, which goes the same for sleeping. Hinata found one way or another to fix his bad habits which he is grateful for. He never knew how a cup of warm tea could affect his sleeping schedule before Hinata force him to drink every night. 

Hinata: "Don't you like the dish?" She asked with concern after seeing Sasuke who hasn't moved. Sasuke shook his head. It was not like he didn't like the food. He just didn't know how to react. It feels strange for him to be treated like this. It feels weird somehow... When he was in the sound village with Team Taka, they don't really pay attention to him that much or care enough for him to persuade him to eat more. Honestly, they don't even know if he eats or not. He doesn't understand why Hinata noticed those small little things or care for him this much... Not wanting to make the girl upset, Sasuke devoured the food she gave to him that brought a faint smile to the girl's lips.

..........Two of them continued eating without uttering a word. Sometimes, Sasuke would steal glances at the girl who is munching the food quietly with her usual smile. He wonders if she doesn't get tired after smiling all the time. Not only her smile, but also he noticed something else. She doesn't like bell pepper from the salad. The raven doesn't understand why is she still eating it when she doesn't like it. She would wince whenever she took a bite of that vegetable. Dismissing the thoughts about her, Sasuke waited for her to finish eating as his bowl of rice has ran out and he was full.